Windows 8 Snap Enabler: Free Utility to Force Enable Snap Feature in Windows 8
Recently we posted a small registry tweak to force enable new "Snap" feature in Windows 8 for low resolution PCs:
Snap feature in Windows 8 allows you to run 2 Start Screen apps or one Start Screen app and one Desktop app side-by-side.
If you don't want to modify registry and want a free utility to do the task automatically, here is something interesting for you.
AskVG reader "Paras Sidhu" has created a small and portable tool "Windows 8 Snap Enabler" after getting inspired from the above mentioned registry trick.
This freeware allows you to enable/disable Windows 8 Snap feature using a single click on a simple button.
UPDATE: This utility no longer works in Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Release Preview and RTM versions.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Switch Between Start Menu and Start Screen in Windows 10?
- NTLite: Ultimate Tool to Tweak and Customize Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Installation
- Download Best Free Bootable Rescue Disks from Popular Antivirus Companies
- ShadowExplorer: Browse Through Shadow Copies in All Windows Vista Versions
- How to Always Show “User Home Folder”, “Control Panel” and “Recycle Bin” Items in Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Profile Manager” Feature in Google Chrome