Download Windows 8 Free Release Preview (RC Build)
After releasing Developer Preview and Consumer Preview builds of Windows 8, Microsoft has finally released "Release Preview" build of Windows 8 to public which can be downloaded and tested absolutely free as usual.
This new "Release Preview" build is actually the "Release Candidate" (RC) build of Windows 8 which means there are very less chances that Microsoft will add any new feature or make major UI changes in final RTM build of Windows 8. You should expect only bug fixes and performance enhancements in RTM build. The only UI change which you might see in RTM build is the removal of Aero glass as mentioned by Microsoft in a recent official post at Windows 8 blog.
Interested people can download Windows 8 Release Preview build using following links:
Release Preview of Windows 8 will expire on January 15th, 2013.
Windows 8 Release Preview is available in Arabic, English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish languages.
Both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) versions are available for download.
If the setup asks for a product key at installation time, please use following product key provided by Microsoft:
Windows 8 Release Preview Setup will check to see if your PC can run Windows 8 and select the right download. Setup also features a compatibility report and upgrade assistance. Built-in tools for creating an ISO or bootable flash drive are available for some previous versions of Windows (excluding Windows XP and earlier).
One more thing, you can upgrade to Windows 8 Release Preview from Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Windows 8 Developer Preview, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, but you might not be able to keep all of your files, programs, and settings. Check out FAQ topic for more details.
Also check out our review of Windows 8 at following link which will help you in getting used to new features in Windows 8:
Let's tell you again that Microsoft has removed Start button and Start Menu from Windows 8, if you want to get them back, check out following tutorials:
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- Download Classic Shell Skin to Get Windows 7 Look-Like Start Menu and Start Button in Windows 8
- How to Skip Metro Start Screen and Boot Directly into Desktop in Windows 8?
Also check out following article containing a list of some hidden secret stuff present in Windows 8:
And if you are facing problem in shutting down or restart Windows 8 PC, check out following topics:
- How to Log Off, Restart and Shut Down Windows 8 PC?
- Add Restart, Shut Down and Other Power Shortcuts in Desktop Context Menu of Windows 8
Many other interesting and useful articles can be read in our exclusive Windows 8 section, so don't forget to check it.
Once you download and install Windows 8 Release Preview, feel free to share your feedback and experience in your comment...
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- FileTypesMan: Free Alternative to Windows Default File Type Option
- [Fix] Can’t Select Windows 10 Pro Edition During Clean Installation
- How to Always Show “User Home Folder”, “Control Panel” and “Recycle Bin” Items in Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- [Windows 10 Tip] Remove Icons from Navigation Pane of This PC
- Enable Hidden Secret Control Panel Items in Windows Vista and Later
- PIN / Password of Signal Setup in Tech Settings of DEN Set Top Box