Windows 8 Comes with Built-in Option to Turn On/Off 16-Bit Application Support
UPDATE: This feature is only present in 32-bit edition of Windows 8.
Time to share another interesting feature of Windows 8. Did you know Windows 8 comes with a built-in option to turn on or off 16-bit application support?
Our reader "Basil" has found a new applet "16-Bit Application Support" in Control Panel of Windows 8 Developer Preview. This new applet allows you to enable or disable 16-bit application support in Windows 8.
When you open the applet in Control Panel, Windows shows a dialog box to turn 16-bit application support on or off. Simply click on Enable button and you'll be able to enjoy 16-bit applications in Windows 8.
If you don't enable the option using Control Panel, Windows 8 automatically asks you to enable the option whenever you try to run a 16-bit application.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Change or Reset Product Key of Microsoft Office Suite?
- Winfox: Enjoy Windows 7 Taskbar Features (Jumplist, Progressbar, etc) in Mozilla Firefox
- Transform Windows Vista into Windows 8, Download Windows 8 Metro Theme for Vista
- How to Get Rid of Too Much White Space in Microsoft Office 2013? Switch to New Gray Color Themes
- Google Redesigns Gmail Look, Adds New HD Themes, How to Instructions Inside
- Windows 8 RTM Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)