Windows 8 Comes with Built-in Option to Turn On/Off 16-Bit Application Support
UPDATE: This feature is only present in 32-bit edition of Windows 8.
Time to share another interesting feature of Windows 8. Did you know Windows 8 comes with a built-in option to turn on or off 16-bit application support?
Our reader "Basil" has found a new applet "16-Bit Application Support" in Control Panel of Windows 8 Developer Preview. This new applet allows you to enable or disable 16-bit application support in Windows 8.
When you open the applet in Control Panel, Windows shows a dialog box to turn 16-bit application support on or off. Simply click on Enable button and you'll be able to enjoy 16-bit applications in Windows 8.
If you don't enable the option using Control Panel, Windows 8 automatically asks you to enable the option whenever you try to run a 16-bit application.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Simple Patch to Enable / Activate Aero Glass Theme in Windows Vista Home Basic Edition
- [Tip] Disable Telemetry and Data Collection on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- [Fix] KB3093594 Update Causing Email Sync Problems to Windows Live Mail 2012 Users
- Download Free Official Themes for Google Chrome Web Browser
- How to Fix Annoying Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows
- How to Add “Scan with Windows Defender” Option in File Context Menu in Windows 8?