Windows 7 Logon Reworked: Get Longhorn Style Aurora Login Screen in Windows 7
We all know about Longhorn (codename for Windows Vista testing builds). Longhorn provided awesome UI elements in Vista testing builds but due to performance issues, Microsoft decided to ditch Longhorn code and we didn't get what we expected in Vista.
If you also love Longhorn look and can't forget the awesome Aurora Welcome Screen which was featured in Longhorn, here is an excellent news for you.
"alexandru-r-ghinea" @ DA has created a new Welcome Screen for Windows 7 users which brings Longhorn look-like Login screen to 7.
As you can see in above screenshot, it comes in 3 variations:
- Welcome Screen with Default Windows Logo at Top
- Welcome Screen with Embedded Windows Logo
- Welcome Screen without Windows Logo
The welcome screen is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit users of Windows 7.
You can download the required files using following link:
You just need to replace "authui.dll" file present in "Windows\System32" folder with the downloaded one. You can follow following tutorial to replace the system file:
Also to change the login screen background, you can use any free login screen changer utility mentioned in following article:
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Upgrade from Existing Hotmail Account to New Outlook.com Email Account?
- How to Remove Linux Boot Loader from Startup After Deleting Linux Partitions?
- Get Windows 7’s Advanced “Windows Update” in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008
- MetroBackUp: Free Utility with Metro UI to Keep Directories in Sync
- [Tip] Customize Microsoft Office Click-to-Run (C2R) Setup to Install Selected Programs Only
- [Guide] Reinstall or Repair Windows 8 and Later Using “Reset PC” and “Refresh PC” Options