[Windows 10 Tip] Show / Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon in Taskbar
In new Windows 10 Anniversary Update build, Microsoft has made lots of improvements to Action Center aka Notification Center. Now you can rearrange Quick Actions, disable unwanted notifications, etc. Apart from these changes, there is another big change in Action Center UI and that is the addition of new notifications number on Action Center icon in Taskbar.
Now if there are any new notifications available in Action Center, Windows shows the notifications count on Action Center icon in Taskbar as shown in following screenshot:
Its a very nice addition and will definitely help Windows users in easily and quickly noticing new notifications.
But if the number of notifications is not showing on Action Center icon in your Windows 10 computer, this tutorial will help you.
And if you don't want to show the number of notifications on Action Center icon, this tutorial will also please you.
Actually Microsoft provides an option to show or hide the number of new notifications on Action Center icon in Taskbar and you can easily enable or disable this option using following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Action Center icon present at the extreme end of the Taskbar.
2. If you are not getting number of new notifications showing on Action Center icon, select "Show number of new notifications" option from the context menu. Now you'll start getting number of notifications on the Action Center icon.
3. If you want the reverse and want to remove number of new notifications on Action Center icon, select "Don't show number of new notifications" option from the context menu. Now you'll no longer see number of notifications on Action Center icon.
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Live Tiles Feature for All Apps in Windows 8 and Later?
- [AskVG Gallery] Download Themes, Skins, Icon Packs and Wallpapers for Windows
- [Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 53.0 Now Available for Download
- Windows 10 Now Available for Download and Free Upgrade
- Truth Behind Disallowing Telemetry and Data Collection Trick in Windows 10
- How to Disable “Switch User” Option in Windows Vista and 7?