[Windows 10 Tip] Show / Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon in Taskbar
In new Windows 10 Anniversary Update build, Microsoft has made lots of improvements to Action Center aka Notification Center. Now you can rearrange Quick Actions, disable unwanted notifications, etc. Apart from these changes, there is another big change in Action Center UI and that is the addition of new notifications number on Action Center icon in Taskbar.
Now if there are any new notifications available in Action Center, Windows shows the notifications count on Action Center icon in Taskbar as shown in following screenshot:
Its a very nice addition and will definitely help Windows users in easily and quickly noticing new notifications.
But if the number of notifications is not showing on Action Center icon in your Windows 10 computer, this tutorial will help you.
And if you don't want to show the number of notifications on Action Center icon, this tutorial will also please you.
Actually Microsoft provides an option to show or hide the number of new notifications on Action Center icon in Taskbar and you can easily enable or disable this option using following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Action Center icon present at the extreme end of the Taskbar.
2. If you are not getting number of new notifications showing on Action Center icon, select "Show number of new notifications" option from the context menu. Now you'll start getting number of notifications on the Action Center icon.
3. If you want the reverse and want to remove number of new notifications on Action Center icon, select "Don't show number of new notifications" option from the context menu. Now you'll no longer see number of notifications on Action Center icon.
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Fix Windows 10 Activation Problems Using Built-in Troubleshooter
- Download Official PRODUCT (RED) Suite, Control Panel and CPU Meter Gadgets for Windows Vista and 7 Sidebar
- [Tip] Get Rid of Windows 8/8.1 Explorer Ribbon and Get Classic Toolbar Back
- How to Remove “Homegroup” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Extend Windows Vista and Windows 7 Trial Period from 30 Days to 120 Days
- How to Enable New “Compact Navigation” Feature in Google Chrome? Make Toolbar and Addressbar Auto-Hidden