[Windows 10 Tip] Remove “Microsoft Edge” Button from Tab Bar in Internet Explorer
With the release of Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft has added a new feature to Internet Explorer web browser. Now when you launch Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Creators Update or later, you'll notice a new "Microsoft Edge" button next to the "New Tab" button on the tab bar as shown in following screenshot:
This new "Microsoft Edge" button can be used to launch Microsoft Edge web browser right from the Internet Explorer. It seems this new addition has been done to promote Microsoft Edge browsers to more Windows 10 users.
If you don't use Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10, this new button might start irritating you. Fortunately Microsoft has also added a built-in option to hide/remove this button.
If you also want to hide or remove new "Microsoft Edge" button from Internet Explorer toolbar, following steps will help you:
1. Open Internet Explorer from Start -> Windows Accessories or by using iexplore command in RUN dialog box. Now click on Tools button (gear icon) present on the toolbar. Alternatively you can press ALT+X keys together to access Tools menu.
2. Now select Internet Options item from Tools menu. It'll open Internet Options window.
3. Now go to Advanced tab and scroll down a little. You'll see "Hide the button (next to the New Tab button) that opens Microsoft Edge" option.
Enable this option and apply the changes.
4. Surprisingly, it'll NOT apply the changes immediately. You'll need to close Internet Explorer and then re-launch it to apply the changes.
Now the "Microsoft Edge" button will no longer be visible on the tab bar.
In future if you decide to show the button again, simply disable/uncheck the option mentioned in step 3 again.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- “Windows Experience Pack” Available for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [Tip] How to Disable All WIN+ Keyboard Shortcuts (Hotkeys) in Windows?
- [Fix] A New Strange Line Appears below Ribbon Toolbar in Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer
- Add “Hide” and “Unhide” Options in File / Folder Context Menus in Windows
- Get Windows Vista Look-Like MSPaint in Windows XP
- How to Shutdown or Restart Windows 8.1 PC Using “Win+X” Menu and Hidden Secret “Slide to Shutdown” Feature?