[Windows 10 Tip] Remove “3D Print with 3D Builder” Option from Image Context Menu
We know that Windows 10 comes with many modern (metro or UWP) apps such as Calendar, Mail, Music, 3D Builder, etc and if you don't like these apps, you can uninstall/remove them using following tutorials:
- [Guide] How to Remove All Built-in Apps in Windows 10
- [Windows 10 Tip] Remove Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Contact Support and Feedback Apps
But there is a small issue. Even if you completely remove 3D Builder app, Windows shows its context menu option "3D Print with 3D Builder" for images. For example, if you right-click on a .BMP, .JPG or .PNG image file, you'll see an option "3D Print with 3D Builder" in the context menu. If you have removed 3D Builder app, this option will do nothing.
If you want to remove this option from right-click menu of images, this tutorial will help you.
Actually removing the context menu option is very easy. The option is shown by "T3D Print" key present in Windows Registry and if we remove this key, the right-click option will immediately disappear.
So check out following easy steps to delete "3D Print with 3D Builder" option from images (BMP, JPG and PNG) context menu in Windows 10:
1. Press "WIN+R" key combination to launch RUN dialog box then type regedit and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Under Shell key, you'll find a key T3D Print, right-click on the key and select Delete.
4. Delete T3D Print key under following keys as well:
5. That's it. It'll immediately remove the "3D Print with 3D Builder" option from image context menu.
BONUS TIP: If you open Registry Editor and press Ctrl+F keys to open Find box and search for T3D Print string, it'll directly let you go to the above mentioned keys. Press F3 to go to the next key.
PS: If you are not familiar with Registry editing and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
The ZIP file also contains a restore registry script to restore the "3D Print with 3D Builder" option in image context menu.
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Modify or Disable ScanDisk Timeout Value on Windows Startup?
- How to Create Your Own Yahoo! Messenger Skins Without Using 3rd Party Software?
- Download Outpost Internet Security Suite FREE
- [Windows Tip] Disable Delay Time in Launching Startup Programs
- [Tip] Enable or Disable Windows Update Notifications in ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- Collection of Windows 10 Hidden Secret Registry Tweaks