[Windows 10 Tip] Disable Tab Preview Thumbnails in Microsoft Edge Web Browser
If you are using the new built-in and default web browser "Microsoft Edge" in Windows 10, here is an interesting and useful trick for you. If you open multiple tabs in Microsoft Edge and you hover mouse cursor over a tab, the browser shows a preview thumbnail of that tab which highlights the content of the tab.
Although its a good feature of Microsoft Edge web browser but sometimes it might get irritating for some users if they accidentally move the cursor over a tab. Also the tab thumbnail is shown using a little bit slower animation which might also annoy a few people.
If you want to disable this tab preview thumbnail feature in Microsoft Edge web browser, this tutorial will help you. By default, Microsoft Edge doesn't provide any option to turn off this feature in its preferences but you can take help of a small registry tweak to disable tab preview thumbnails.
Following steps will help you in disabling tab preview thumbnails in Microsoft Edge web browser:
1. Press WIN+R keys together to launch RUN dialog box. Now type regedit in RUN box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD TabPeekEnabled and keep its value to 0 to turn off tab preview thumbnails.
That's it. Now launch Microsoft Edge web browser and you'll get text tooltip whenever you move mouse cursor over a tab as shown in following screenshot:
In future, if you want to restore tab preview thumbnail feature in Microsoft Edge web browser, simply delete the DWORD TabPeekEnabled from Registry Editor.
PS: If you are not familiar with Registry editing and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
- [Windows 10 Tip] Disable "About:Flags" Page in Microsoft Edge Web Browser
- [Windows 10 Tip] Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge Web Browser
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Don’t Get Fooled by Generic Windows XP Product Keys from Microsoft
- How to Get XP Style Classic “Network Connections” Back in Control Panel in Windows Vista and Later?
- [Windows 10 Tip] Remove Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Contact Support and Feedback Apps
- [Fix] Windows XP SP3 (Service Pack 3) Setup Error: Access is Denied, Installation did not Complete
- How to Remove Default Search Box from Internet Explorer Toolbar?
- Download RocketDock Skin to Get Windows 8 Charms Bar in Windows XP, Vista, 7