Windows 10 Release Date, Pricing Details and System Requirements
Today in this topic we are going to discuss about Windows 10 release date, pricing details of various editions of Windows 10 and its minimum hardware requirements.
So without wasting time lets discuss in details:
Windows 10 Release Date (GA - General Availability)
Windows 10 will be released to public this summer on July 29, 2015 which means the final version of Windows 10 (also called RTM - Released To Manufacturing) will be available in market for purchase and online for download/upgrade from July 29, 2015.
Initially Windows 10 will be available for PC and tablets. Also Windows 10 will be released in 190 countries and 111 languages.
Windows 10 Pricing Details
If you decide to purchase Windows 10, here are the pricing details of various Windows 10 editions to help you:
- Windows 10 Home - $119
- Windows 10 Pro - $199
- Windows 10 Pro Pack (to upgrade from Home edition to Pro) - $99
We would like to remind you that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users in the first year of launch. Check out following articles for more information:
Windows 10 Hardware Specifications / System Requirements
If you want to install Windows 10 in your computer, your system must fulfill following minimum hardware requirements:
- Processor: 1 GHz (gigahertz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 GB (gigabyte) for 32-bit (x86) or 2 GB for 64-bit (x64)
- Hard Disk Space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS or 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display Screen Resolution: at least 1024x600
- Microphone: for Cortana use (optional)
- Fingerprint Reader + Illuminated Infrared Camera: for Windows Hello* use (optional)
*Windows Hello is a new Biometric authentication feature in Windows 10 to improve security and provide more personal experience to the users. With the help of Windows Hello feature, you'll be able to log into Windows by showing your face or touching your finger to Windows 10 devices.
Basically if your system can run Windows 8/8.1, it'll be able to run Windows 10 as well.
1. Speech recognition quality will vary by your computer microphone. If you want better speech experience, you'll need a high fidelity microphone array and hardware driver with microphone array geometry exposed.
2. The Continuum aka Tablet mode feature will be automatically enabled in tablets, 2-in-1 devices with GPIO indicators and devices that have a laptop and slate indicator. In other devices, you'll still be able to use Continuum aka Tablet mode feature but it'll not be enabled by default.
3. Two factor authentication feature for better security will require the use of a PIN, Biometric devices (such as fingerprint reader or illuminated IR camera) or a mobile phone with WiFi or Bluetooth capabilities.
4. The number of applications that can be snapped will depend upon the minimum screen resolution.
5. To take advantage of touch input, you'll need a computer screen with multi-touch support.
6. To use secure boot feature the firmware should support UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and should have the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database.
7. If pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Del" key combination for secure logon is enabled in your Windows 10 tablet, you'll need to press WIN+Power buttons together to login.
=== === === === === === === === ===
You can test drive Windows 10 for free by downloading and installing its free Preview version using following links:
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable 2-Step Verification Feature in Your Microsoft Account?
- Run It: Small Utility to Allow Opening of Any Program by Typing its Name in RUN Dialog Box in Windows
- Smart Desktop: Free Utility to Put Panels with Tabs on Windows Desktop
- Download Official Microsoft Brilliant Black Skin for Windows Media Player
- Internet Explorer 10 Allows to Switch Between IE5, IE7, IE8 and IE9 Rendering Modes
- Who Will Get Free Windows 10?