Windows 10 November Update (Version 1511) Changelog
Windows 10 November Update was the first major update released for Windows 10 after the release of final RTM version. November Update is also known as Threshold 2, R2, Fall Update, Fall Refresh, Version 1511, Windows 10.1 and Windows 10 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Microsoft released several testing builds to Windows Insiders group before releasing November Update build 10586 to public and in this topic, we are going to list all those testing builds along with the changes present in each of them.
So if you are interested in finding changes between Windows 10 RTM build 10240 and November Update build 10568, following changelog will help you:
Windows 10 Build 10.0.10525 Changelog:
Build 10525 was the first new build since the release of final RTM version of Windows 10. It was released on August 18, 2015. Unlike RTM build, this new build arrived via a new branch "TH2" (ThresHold2).
- Colored titlebars back (Check this) (in RTM build, titlebars were White and we had to use tweaks to get colored titlebars)
- Improvements to memory management by implementing compression store feature
Windows 10 Build 10.0.10532 Changelog:
Build 10532 was the 2nd new build since the release of final RTM version of Windows 10. It was released on August 27, 2015. Similar to previous build, this new build also arrived via "TH2" (ThresHold2) development branch.
- Improvements to context menus with modern look-n-feel
- Improvements to light and dark themes
- Improvements to Microsoft Edge web browser
- Users can now easily share feedback with others using Windows Feedback app
Windows 10 Build 10.0.10547 Changelog:
Build 10547 was the 3rd new build since the release of final RTM version of Windows 10. It was released on September 18, 2015. Similar to previous builds, this new build also arrived via "TH2" (ThresHold2) development branch.
- Improvements to Start including new "Show more tiles" option in Settings -> Personalization -> Start page
- Start now supports up to 2048 tiles instead of the previous 512 tiles limit
- You can now disable background image on Login Screen using Settings app [Link]
- All classic options have been restored to Themes page in Personalization window
- Context menus now have grey background color instead of white
- Improvements to Tablet Mode including new "When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window" option in Settings -> System -> Multitasking page
- Improvements to Microsoft Edge web browser
- Improvements to text input panel
- Many updated apps
- New animation for opening and closing modern apps
Windows 10 Build 10.0.10565 Changelog:
Build 10565 was the 4th new build since the release of final RTM version of Windows 10. It was released on October 12, 2015. Similar to previous builds, this new build also arrived via "TH2" (ThresHold2) development branch.
- The context menus are smaller again (No huge blank gap between context menu items) (Check this)
- Dark colored titlebars with full color intensity and same accent color
- Improvements to context menu on Start Menu with the addition of icons
- Improvements to Microsoft Edge web browser including tab previews and syncing feature
- You can now select a different drive as save location to install apps in Settings -> System -> Storage page
- You can now set Windows Spotlight as Lock Screen background
- Instant change in screen scaling without clicking on Apply button in Settings -> System -> Display page
- New "Find My Device" option in Settings -> Update & Security page
- Now Windows 10 can be activated using previous qualified Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key (Check this)
- Addition of Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities
- Improvements to Cortana
- Improvements to managing default printer functionality
- Some new icons such as Registry Editor and many devices in Device Manager
- Many UI Improvements to Settings app such as logos, colors, etc
Windows 10 Build 10.0.10576 Changelog:
Build 10576 was the 5th new build since the release of final RTM version of Windows 10. It was released on October 29, 2015. Similar to previous builds, this new build also arrived via "TH2" (ThresHold2) development branch.
- Improvements to Microsoft Edge web browser including media casting to any Miracast or DLNA enabled device
- Ability to use "Ask Cortana" feature while reading a PDF file in Microsoft Edge web browser
- Improvements to Xbox beta app
- Improvements to nested virtualization functionality in Hyper-V
- Improvements to Settings app
- Improvements to Taskbar context menu with modern dark look-n-feel (How-to disable guide)
Windows 10 Build 10.0.10586 Changelog:
Build 10586 was the 6th new build since the release of final RTM version of Windows 10. It was released on November 05, 2015. Similar to previous builds, this new build also arrived via "TH2" (ThresHold2) development branch.
- Bug fixes and general improvements
This build was released to public as Windows 10 November update (version 1511) on November 12, 2015.
=== === === === === === === === ===
We tried to cover all important and major changes and new features present in various Windows 10 builds released between Windows 10 RTM and November Update builds.
- Collection of Windows 10 Hidden Secret Registry Tweaks
- Download Latest Windows 10 ISO Files for Clean Install or Upgrade
- [Tip] Get Direct Download Links of Windows 10 Offline ISO from Microsoft
- [Fix] Windows 10 Anniversary or November Update Not Showing on Your Computer
- [Guide] Things To Do After Installing Windows 10
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Solution] Options to Change Hidden Files and Folders Settings are not Available in Folder Options
- Understanding Windows 10 Insider Preview Branches, Rings and Release Channels
- New and Easy Way to Program Your Tata Sky DTH Universal Remote
- Download Windows 7 Theme for Windows Vista
- How to Disable “Switch User” Option in Windows Vista and 7?
- How to Add “Network Connections” Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later