[Windows 10 Bug] 2 Context Menus Appear at Same Time in Taskbar
Recently we shared information about an annoying bug found in Windows 10 which causes RUN dialog box MRU / history list to remain always empty. It never remembers the commands executed from RUN dialog box. You can find more details at following link:
Today we are going to share another bug found by our reader "Vincent" in Windows 10 operating system. This bug is related to Windows 10 Taskbar. Its very similar to another bug which was present in Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1. You can find detailed information about that old bug in following tutorial:
Fortunately the bug mentioned in above tutorial has been fixed in Windows 10 but unfortunately another irritating bug has been introduced in place of it.
The new bug found in Windows 10 causes 2 context menus appearing at the same time on Taskbar which should not happen generally. If you want to re-create this bug in Windows 10, check out following simple steps:
Left-click on the Start button.
Now right-click on the Start button.
Now right-click on a pinned item on Taskbar. If you don't have any pinned item, you can right-click on any running program button on Taskbar.
Again right-click on Start button and see the bug.
Both context menus will appear on Taskbar: the context menu on Start button and context menu on pinned or running program button on Taskbar as shown in following screenshot:
Theoretically, as soon as you right-click on Start button in Step 4, the previous context menu on pinned item or running program button on Taskbar should disappear immediately.
You can watch the above mentioned bug live in action in following exclusive video:
- Windows 10 Bug Breaks Lock Screen Slide Show Feature
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows 8 Bugs and Goof-ups
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows 7 Bugs and Goof-ups
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows Vista Facts, Bugs and Goof-ups
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Start Menu Selector for Windows 8: Toggle Between New Start Menu and Old Start Menu Using Desktop Context Menu
- [Software Update] Windows Live Essentials 2012 (Wave 5) Available for Download
- [Review] The New “Australis” UI of Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
- How to Disable New Metro Boot Loader and Restore Classic Boot Loader in Windows 8 and Later?
- Fix Problems While Installing or Upgrading to Windows 8.1
- List of Best Free Online Virus Scanners