Copy or Write Bootable IMG Files to USB Drives Using Win32 Disk Imager
Many times we download bootable images of operating systems or rescue CDs and we need to burn them on a CD/DVD to be able to use them. But sometimes we don't have access to CD/DVD drive and we want to write the bootable image to a USB drive, in such cases following free utility might come very handy.
"Win32 Disk Imager" aka "Win32 Image Writer" is a free utility available for Windows which can be used for writing and restoring images from removable drives (USB drives, SD Memory cards, etc). It can be used to write bootable IMG image files to a usb drive, making it bootable. It currently doesn't support writing ISO image files to USB drives.
With the help of this little utility, you can not only write boot images (such as IMG files) to USB drives but also take a backup of USB drive to a raw image file.
This program can be downloaded from following link:
Thanks to our reader "mp3c" for sharing it...
You can also take a look at some other similar free tools to create bootable USB drives to install Windows using following link:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- List of Environment Variables in Windows Operating System
- How to Reset Hosts File to Default in Windows?
- Replacer: Free Portable Utility to Replace System Files in Windows
- [FIX] “Speech Recognition” Shows “Change Recognizer Language” Error in Windows Vista and 7
- Microsoft Office 2016 Preview Version 16.0.4229.1024 Available for Download