Many times we download bootable images of operating systems or rescue CDs and we need to burn them on a CD/DVD to be able to use them. But sometimes we don't have access to CD/DVD drive and we want to write the bootable image to a USB drive, in such cases following free utility might come very handy.
"Win32 Disk Imager" is a free utility available for Windows which can be used for writing and restoring images to/from removable drives (USB drives, SD Memory cards, etc). It can be used to write bootable images to a usb drive, making it bootable.
This program can be downloaded from following link:
Thanks to our reader "mp3c" for sharing it...
You can also take a look at some other similar free tools to create bootable USB drives to install Windows using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] How to Show File Extensions of Shortcuts (LNK, URL, PIF) in Windows Explorer?
- How to Boot Windows in “Safe Mode” When “F8″ Key is not Working? Add “Safe Mode” Option to Windows Boot Loader
- How to Restore Missing “Desktop (create shortcut)” Item in Send To Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [FIX] Cannot Install New Fonts in Windows, “Install New Fonts” Command Missing from File Menu
- Ultimate List of Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Command Prompt in Windows
- How to Fix Annoying Cursor Jumping Problem While Typing Documents in Laptops?