Many times we download bootable images of operating systems or rescue CDs and we need to burn them on a CD/DVD to be able to use them. But sometimes we don't have access to CD/DVD drive and we want to write the bootable image to a USB drive, in such cases following free utility might come very handy.
"Win32 Disk Imager" is a free utility available for Windows which can be used for writing and restoring images to/from removable drives (USB drives, SD Memory cards, etc). It can be used to write bootable images to a usb drive, making it bootable.
This program can be downloaded from following link:
Thanks to our reader "mp3c" for sharing it...
You can also take a look at some other similar free tools to create bootable USB drives to install Windows using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- BExplorer (Better Explorer): Windows 8 Look-Like Explorer with Ribbon UI for Windows 7
- IconPhile: A Freeware to Change System Icons Easily & Quickly
- How to Automatic Log into Windows Without Entering Username and Password?
- Get Windows Vista DreamScene Feature in Linux
- BleachBit: Free Open Source Tool to Clean Disk Space and Maintain Privacy
- How to Get Good Old “RSS Feed Icon” Back in Mozilla Firefox Addressbar