What Happened to the Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows 7?
We have covered this topic in past when Windows 7 was released by Microsoft:
Windows 7 comes with new feature "Pinned items" which has replaced the good old Quick launch toolbar from Windows 7. Although you can get the Quick Launch toolbar back in Windows 7 using this tutorial.
Recently our active reader "Uewd" found out an interesting thing. Microsoft has also mentioned in Windows help why did they remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 7.
1. Click on Start ORB (Start button) and type "What Happened" in search box.
2. Click on the link present in Search results or simply press Enter.
3. It'll open a Help window which will tell you the reason behind removal of Quick Launch toolbar from Windows 7.
Interesting find by Uewd...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Sleipnir: Portable and Customizable Japanese Web Browser for Windows
- Get Windows 8 Metro Style Start Screen in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using Newgen
- Get Windows Vista Style Desktop Personalization in Windows XP
- Kludget Engine: Free Utility to Use Mac OS Dashboard Widgets on Windows and Linux Desktop
- [FAQ] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Non-Genuine Windows
- [Tip] Disable “Windows XP and Vista will No Longer be Supported” Yellow Infobar in Google Chrome