Vivaldi: New Web Browser from Former CEO and Co-founder of Opera
UPDATED on April 06, 2016: Release of Vivaldi 1.0 stable version.
If you are using Opera web browser, you might have heard about John von Tetzchner, the former CEO and co-founder of Opera. He left Opera in 2011 when Opera development went into wrong direction.
There are many Opera users who are not happy with the current UI and features of Opera and that's why the new web browser "Vivaldi" has been developed.
Vivaldi web browser has been developed to provide all classic and essential features that used to exist in old versions of Opera.
It can be used in Windows, Linux and Mac OS. It uses Chromium/Blink rendering engine which is also used by Google Chrome and Opera web browsers.
Currently Vivaldi is under development and testing phase and a Technical Preview version of Vivaldi has been released to public.
Vivaldi looks similar to Opera and provides many similar and extra features such as:
- Classic Status bar which has disappeared from all modern web browsers
- Colored tabs which change their color based on the web content
- Ability to move tab bar to top/bottom/left/right or completely hide
- Small sidebar panel on left to access useful stuff such as bookmarks, downloads, etc
- Ability to take notes while browsing
- Full bookmarks manager integrated
- Opera's tab stacking feature
- Opera's speed dial feature
- Mouse gestures
- Quick commands to search and run commands
- Notes, bookmarks, history and session sync feature
- Extensions support
Although the web browser
is under development and lacks many features but still it looks promising. We didn't notice any performance or stability issues while testing the browser.
Interested people can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Uninstall Windows Vista from a Multiboot Computer System?
- [Fix] Desktop Icons Position and Folder View Settings Problem in Windows 10
- How to Add “Defragment” Option in Drive Context Menu in Windows
- [Fix] This Upgrade Path is not Supported. Close Setup and Re-Launch from Root of Media or Pick Different Installation Choice
- [Version 1] Customizing RUN Dialog Box in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- How to Enable IE Like “Quick Tabs” Feature (All Tabs Previews) in Mozilla Firefox