This theme has been made for Windows XP users who want to have "Windows Vista" look in their Windows. This theme can make your Windows XP look like Windows Vista.
"VistaVG" is the first Windows Vista look-a-like theme for Windows XP and all other Windows Vista look-like themes available on net are based on it.
You can download the theme using following link:
PS: You'll find the download link in the right-side section of the above mentioned page.
How to Install and Use:
1. Once you download the file, extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. You'll get a folder.
2. In this folder, you'll get 4 more folders:
- Bottom Common Tasks (This folder contains "shellstyle.dll" file for showing common tasks at bottom in Windows explorer.)
- Fonts (This folder contains Segoe UI fonts required for the theme. Copy them to "%windir%\Fonts" folder.)
- Styler Toolbar (This folder contains Style toolbar for explorer. To know more about Styler and how to use it, visit this link.
- Theme (This folder contains the main theme.)
3. Now download and run UXTheme patcher using following topic:
4. Copy all contents in "Theme" folder to "%windir%\Resources\Themes\" folder and apply the theme using Desktop Properties.
NOTE 1: In above steps, %windir% means C:\Windows\ folder. We assume that Windows is installed in C: drive in your system. If you installed Windows in some other drive, replace C: with the appropriate drive letter.
NOTE 2: To use "Bottom Common Tasks", you'll need to replace existing shellstyle.dll file present in "Drive_letter:\Windows\Resources\Themes\VistaVG Ultimate\Shell\NormalColor\" with the one present in "Bottom Common Tasks" folder of downloaded ZIP file.
Facing Problems in Applying Theme?
If you face problems while applying the theme or patching Windows, check following tutorials:
- How to Install & Use Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP, Vista & 7
- How to Uninstall / Remove Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Fix Start Menu Cut-Off Problem in Windows XP Themes?
- How to Fix "Windows NT Setup Files Detected" Error Message While Running UXTheme Patcher in Windows XP
- How to Install and Apply Styler Toolbar Skin in Windows XP Explorer?
- How to Get Blue Toolbar Back in Microsoft Office 2003 While Using 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP
PS: If you want to completely transform your Windows XP into Vista including boot screen, login screen, icons, etc, please follow following tutorial: