Download Windows Vista Theme “VistaVG Ultimate” for Windows XP
This theme has been made for Windows XP users who want to have "Windows Vista" look in their Windows. This theme can make your Windows XP look like Windows Vista.
"VistaVG" is the first Windows Vista look-a-like theme for Windows XP and all other Windows Vista look-like themes available on net are based on it.
You can download the theme using following link:
PS: You'll find the download link in the right-side section of the above mentioned page.
How to Install and Use:
1. Once you download the file, extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. You'll get the main folder.
2. In this folder, you'll get 4 more folders:
- Bottom Common Tasks (This folder contains "shellstyle.dll" file for showing common tasks at bottom in Windows explorer.)
- Fonts (This folder contains Segoe UI fonts required for the theme. Copy them to "C:\Windows\Fonts" folder.)
- Styler Toolbar (This folder contains Style toolbar for explorer. To know more about Styler and how to use it, visit this link.
- Theme (This folder contains the main theme.)
3. Now download and run theme patcher to allow 3rd party themes using following topic:
4. Copy all contents in "Theme" folder to "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\" folder and apply the theme using Desktop Properties.
NOTE: To use "Bottom Common Tasks", you'll need to replace existing shellstyle.dll file present in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\VistaVG Ultimate\Shell\NormalColor\" with the one present in "Bottom Common Tasks" folder of downloaded ZIP file.
Facing Problems in Applying Theme?
If you face problems while applying the theme or patching Windows, check following tutorials:
- How to Install & Use Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows
- How to Uninstall / Remove Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows
- How to Fix Start Menu Cut-Off Problem in Windows XP Themes?
- How to Fix "Windows NT Setup Files Detected" Error Message While Running UXTheme Patcher in Windows XP
- How to Install and Apply Styler Toolbar Skin in Windows XP Explorer?
- How to Get Blue Toolbar Back in Microsoft Office 2003 While Using 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP
PS: If you want to completely transform your Windows XP into Windows Vista including boot screen, login screen, icons, etc, check out following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Who Will Get Free Windows 10?
- Windows 8 Will Come With Support for USB 3.0, Microsoft Confirms
- [Tip] Disable Microsoft Account Sign In Requirement in Windows 8.1 Store Apps
- How to Open .Hlp Files in Windows Vista, 7 or 8 Which Require Windows Help Program (WinHlp32.exe)?
- Microsoft Shares Tips and Hotkeys to Make Windows 7 Faster, Secure and Easier to Use
- Coolbarz: Freeware to Get Good Old Desktop Toolbar (Deskbar) Feature Back in Windows 7