We all know that Windows Vista and 7 show small status bar below the drives in Windows Explorer. If you are still on XP and want to get the same functionality, here is an interesting and free utility for you.
Following is a screenshot of this utility in action:
You just need to download it using following link, extract the Zip file and run the "vsdrv.exe" file. That's it. It'll automatically add the status bar below drive icons in XP Explorer.
If you want to remove the drive status bar, simply run "uninstall.cmd" file present in the same folder.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Hidden Secret Trick to Enable / Activate “Aero Glass” in Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Theme
- [Solution] Recycle Bin Icon on Desktop Doesn’t Refresh Automatically in Windows Vista
- How to Restore Missing “New” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows?
- How to Always Show “User Home Folder”, “Control Panel” and “Recycle Bin” Items in Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Winfox: Enjoy Windows 7 Taskbar Features (Jumplist, Progressbar, etc) in Mozilla Firefox
- OEM Configurator 2.0: Free Portable Utility to Customize OEM Information and Logo in System Properties of Windows