We all know that Windows Vista and 7 show small status bar below the drives in Windows Explorer. If you are still on XP and want to get the same functionality, here is an interesting and free utility for you.
Following is a screenshot of this utility in action:
You just need to download it using following link, extract the Zip file and run the "vsdrv.exe" file. That's it. It'll automatically add the status bar below drive icons in XP Explorer.
If you want to remove the drive status bar, simply run "uninstall.cmd" file present in the same folder.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable / Disable New Welcome Screen, Log Off and Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows XP?
- Windows Show Desktop Link: Get the Good Old “Show Desktop” Icon Back in Windows 7
- How to Restore Recycle Bin Icon on Desktop in Windows Vista and Windows 7?
- Download FREE Image Resizer Powertoy Clone for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Restore About:Config Warning Message (Confirmation Prompt) in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Remove or Disable “Java Console” Option in Internet Explorer’s View Menu?