Add Control Panel, Task Manager, Windows Update and Other Useful Shortcuts with Icons in My Computer Context Menu
Control Panel, Task Manager, Device Manager are a few system applications which we use frequently in our daily computer tasks. Wouldn't it be great if we can access them quickly by right-click on My Computer icon on Desktop?
Today we are going to share a registry script which will add following shortcuts in My Computer context menu:
- Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs)
- Run Disk Cleanup on this system
- Control Panel
- Device Manager
- Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
- Event Viewer
- Registry Editor (regedit)
- Services (services.msc)
- Task Manager
- Windows Update
Just download following ZIP file, extract it and run desired REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
It'll work in Windows XP and later Windows versions.
PS: If you receive any error message while running the Registry script, first take ownership of following key in Registry Editor:
Now run the Registry script and it'll work without any problem.
Thanks to AskVG Readers "tlm" and cclloyd9785 for sharing them...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add “System Tools” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows 10 Super Fast
- Download Bitdefender Total Security 2013 Free Public Beta
- How to Create Portable Version of “RocketDock” for USB Drives?
- How to Restrict Windows Users from Accessing Shutdown Options at Login Screen?
- How to Enable Good Old Windows Vista and 7 Style Start Menu and Disable Metro UI in Windows 8 Developer Preview?