List of Resource Hacker Tutorials to Customize Windows Look-n-Feel
If you are a Windows customization lover and if you are a long time reader of this blog, you must be aware of the best Windows customization tool "Resource Hacker". Resource Hacker is a free software for Windows which allows you to view and modify system files such as dll, exe, cpl, etc to change and customize Windows UI and functionality.
You can read following exclusive tutorial to learn more about this awesome tool:
Almost all tutorials which include customizing Windows look-n-feel, require editing system files with the help of Resource Hacker, so Resource Hacker is a must have tool for all Windows customization users.
We have posted several Resource Hacker tutorials in past but there are many people who are new to this blog or who have not read some of these tutorials. That's why today in this ultimate tutorial, we are going to list some of our best and exclusive Resource Hacker tutorials which will help you in tweaking and customizing Windows UI.
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
1. Enabling Hidden Secret "Debug" Menu in Built-in Microsoft Games in Windows
AskVG is the one and only website posting about this hidden secret trick for Windows. A few months back we posted a series of tutorials which helped you in revealing a secret "Debug" menu in all built-in Microsoft games such as Solitaire, FreeCell, Minesweeper, Chess, etc. This debug menu can be used to cheat in these games. You can instant win, enable autoplay feature, etc with the help of this hidden menu.
Check out following exclusive tutorial to learn more about it:
2. Customizing Login Screen in Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
Login Screen (also known as Welcome Screen or Logon) is one of the widely customized components of Windows OS. Microsoft keeps changing appearance of login screen in each version of Windows and we keep customizing its appearance according to our requirements with the help of Resource Hacker tool.
Long time back we posted a tutorial which allows you to change text entries such as welcome, type your password, etc which are shown on login screen. You can change these text entries and replace them with your desired text using Resource Hacker.
You can also check out following tutorials which allow you to remove unwanted items from login screen such as shut down button, branding logo, ease of access button, etc:
Also check out following ultimate tutorial to tweak and customize Windows 7 login screen:
3. Customizing Command Bar in Windows Explorer
Command Bar (also known as Folder Band) is an advanced form of classic toolbar present in Windows Explorer. Command Bar was introduced by Microsoft in Windows Vista and the same Command Bar was also present in Windows 7. But Command Bar was not very customizable. Microsoft didn't provide any built-in option to add or remove buttons from Command Bar or to show/hide Command Bar in Windows Explorer.
We have posted a few tutorials in past to tweak and customize Command Bar appearance in Windows Explorer. With the help of these tutorials you can add new buttons, remove existing buttons, rename button labels, change button positions and also you can hide the whole Command Bar in Windows Explorer.
Check out following exclusive tutorial to learn more:
4. Customizing Details Pane in Windows Explorer
Details Pane (also known as Shellstyle or Common Tasks) shows details about the selected item in Windows Explorer. Its an advanced form of common tasks section present in Windows XP Explorer.
Following tutorials will help you in customizing Details Pane appearance such as moving it to top or enabling a secret animation in Details Pane:
5. Customizing System Properties Window
System Properties window helps you in finding useful details about your computer system such as amount of installed RAM, processor information, installed Windows version, etc. We have posted several tutorials to customize System Properties window look such as removing unwanted items from it or replacing existing logos and images with your own images.
Check out following tutorials to learn more:
- Ultimate Guide for Customizing Windows 7 System Properties
- How to Change or Remove Windows Logo from Windows 7 System Properties?
- How to Change or Remove "Genuine Windows Activation" Logo and "Learn More Online" Link from Windows 7 System Properties?
- How to Remove "Windows Experience Index Rating" Link from Windows 7 System Properties?
- How to Customize System Properties (Sysdm.cpl) in Windows XP?
6. For Windows XP Users
We are posting about Resource Hacker tricks when Windows XP was the latest operating system released by Microsoft so you'll find many Resource Hacker tutorials which are only applicable for Windows XP.
If you are still using Windows XP, you should definitely check out following exclusive Resource Hacker tutorials to customize Windows XP UI:
- [Version 1] Customizing RUN Dialog Box in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- [Version 2] Customizing RUN Dialog Box in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- How to Change or Customize Start Menu Look-n-Feel in Windows XP?
- How to Enable Secret HIBERNATE Button in Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows XP?
- How to Change or Customize Start Button Text in Windows Using Resource Hacker?
- [AIO] Complete Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP
=== === === === === === === === ===
That's all for now. If you face any problem while using Resource Hacker, check out following articles:
- [Tip] How to Modify System Files Using Resource Hacker in Windows
- How to Fix "Cannot Create File" Error Message Problem While Saving Files in Resource Hacker?
- Why 64-bit Windows Users Face Login or Other Problems After Modifying System Files Using Resource Hacker?
- List of Resource Locations in Windows XP, Vista and 7 to be Customized Using Resource Hacker
- List of Windows XP System Files to be Customized Using Resource Hacker
- List of Windows Vista System Files to be Customized Using Resource Hacker
- List of Windows 7 System Files to be Customized Using Resource Hacker
Feel free to share your feedback and suggestions about this exclusive tutorial...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Snow Leopard Startup Animation and Login Screen for Windows Vista
- [Windows 8.1 Bug] Icons Look Distorted in Delete Confirmation Dialog Box and Send To Menu
- How to Remove “Next Desktop Background” Option from Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu?
- Replacer: Free Portable Utility to Replace System Files in Windows
- Create Your E-Mail ID at India.com Domain for Free
- [Windows 10 Tip] Rearrange or Add/Remove Quick Actions in Action Center