"TransTaskbar" is a portable, small and free application which can make Windows Taskbar and Start Menu transparent. It might become useful if you are using Windows XP and want to get some transparency for eye candy effects or if you are using Windows Vista or 7 but can't enjoy Aero interface because your Graphics card is not capable to run it.
It can be used in Windows XP, Vista and 7 and works very well without any problem.
The utility has been created by our friend "Solo-Dev" @ DA. You can download it using following link:
Extract the downloaded ZIP file and you'll get 2 files in it: TTB.exe and TTB-UI.exe
You'll need "TTB-UI.exe" file mostly. Run it and drag the slider to your desired value and click on "Apply" button. It'll immediately make the Taskbar and Start Menu transparent.
TTB-UI.exe is a GUI application and it doesn't allow to set the transparency below 25 and here comes the turn of TTB.exe which a command-line version of this application.
You can open a Command Prompt window and use TTB.exe in following format:
For example, if you want to set transparency to 10, use following command:
Its a good utility for eye candy lovers.
The developer has removed the app but you can check out following similar apps:
- Border Skin: Get Windows Vista and 7 Style Aero Glass Effect with Blur and Reflection in Windows
- TrueTransparency: Another Freeware to Get Aero Glass with Blur and Reflection in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Customize “Organize” and “Layout” Menus in Command Bar in Windows 7 Explorer
- [Fix] Windows XP Shows Error Message: Installation of Microsoft Office 2010 Requires MSXML Version 6.10.1129.0
- Best Method to Backup Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks Without Using Extensions
- Download New “Windows Embedded” Official Theme for Windows XP and Server 2003, No File Patching Required
- How to Remove or Customize Shortcut Arrow Icon in Windows?
- How to Disable / Adjust URL Suggestions in Addressbar of Mozilla Firefox