"TransTaskbar" is a portable, small and free application which can make Windows Taskbar and Start Menu transparent. It might become useful if you are using Windows XP and want to get some transparency for eye candy effects or if you are using Windows Vista or 7 but can't enjoy Aero interface because your Graphics card is not capable to run it.
It can be used in Windows XP, Vista and 7 and works very well without any problem.
The utility has been created by our friend "Solo-Dev" @ DA. You can download it using following link:
Extract the downloaded ZIP file and you'll get 2 files in it: TTB.exe and TTB-UI.exe
You'll need "TTB-UI.exe" file mostly. Run it and drag the slider to your desired value and click on "Apply" button. It'll immediately make the Taskbar and Start Menu transparent.
TTB-UI.exe is a GUI application and it doesn't allow to set the transparency below 25 and here comes the turn of TTB.exe which a command-line version of this application.
You can open a Command Prompt window and use TTB.exe in following format:
For example, if you want to set transparency to 10, use following command:
Its a good utility for eye candy lovers.
The developer has removed the app but you can check out following similar apps:
- Border Skin: Get Windows Vista and 7 Style Aero Glass Effect with Blur and Reflection in Windows
- TrueTransparency: Another Freeware to Get Aero Glass with Blur and Reflection in Windows
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Software Update] Yahoo! Messenger 11.5 Now Available for Download
- Microsoft Talks About Windows Explorer Improvements in Windows 8, Addition of Ribbon UI and Up Button
- Add Event Sound to Mozilla Firefox Using PopupSound Extension
- How to Add “Kill Not Responding Tasks” in Desktop Context Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- Download Realistic Fly, Ladybugs and Cockroaches for Your Desktop
- Windows 8 Gets New Metro Style Logo, Goodbye Windows Flag