"TransTaskbar" is a portable, small and free application which can make Windows Taskbar and Start Menu transparent. It might become useful if you are using Windows XP and want to get some transparency for eye candy effects or if you are using Windows Vista or 7 but can't enjoy Aero interface because your Graphics card is not capable to run it.
It can be used in Windows XP, Vista and 7 and works very well without any problem.
The utility has been created by our friend "Solo-Dev" @ DA. You can download it using following link:
Extract the downloaded ZIP file and you'll get 2 files in it: TTB.exe and TTB-UI.exe
You'll need "TTB-UI.exe" file mostly. Run it and drag the slider to your desired value and click on "Apply" button. It'll immediately make the Taskbar and Start Menu transparent.
TTB-UI.exe is a GUI application and it doesn't allow to set the transparency below 25 and here comes the turn of TTB.exe which a command-line version of this application.
You can open a Command Prompt window and use TTB.exe in following format:
For example, if you want to set transparency to 10, use following command:
Its a good utility for eye candy lovers.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable New Metro Boot Loader and Restore Windows Vista and 7 Style Classic Boot Loader in Windows 8 and Later?
- Twitter Adds “Always Use HTTPS” Option for Better Security, How to Instructions Inside
- Download Mac OS X Lion Login Screen for Windows XP
- How to Disable Aero Peek Feature in Windows 7 and Later?
- [Guide] Different Ways to Open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows
- How to Hide / Show Specific Control Panel Applets / Icons in Windows?