TransTaskbar: Get Transparent Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
"TransTaskbar" is a portable, small and free application which can make Windows Taskbar and Start Menu transparent. It might become useful if you are using Windows XP and want to get some transparency for eye candy effects or if you are using Windows Vista or 7 but can't enjoy Aero interface because your Graphics card is not capable to run it.
It can be used in Windows XP, Vista and 7 and works very well without any problem.
The utility has been created by our friend "Solo-Dev" @ DA. You can download it using following link:
Extract the downloaded ZIP file and you'll get 2 files in it: TTB.exe and TTB-UI.exe
You'll need "TTB-UI.exe" file mostly. Run it and drag the slider to your desired value and click on "Apply" button. It'll immediately make the Taskbar and Start Menu transparent.
TTB-UI.exe is a GUI application and it doesn't allow to set the transparency below 25 and here comes the turn of TTB.exe which a command-line version of this application.
You can open a Command Prompt window and use TTB.exe in following format:
For example, if you want to set transparency to 10, use following command:
Its a good utility for eye candy lovers.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add “Power Options” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- Download Best IE8 Theme to Make Mozilla Firefox Look-Like Internet Explorer 8
- Yet Another Way to Download Free Microsoft Office 2010 60-Day Trial Version
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows 10 Super Fast
- [FIX] Cannot Install New Fonts in Windows, “Install New Fonts” Command Missing from File Menu
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows 7 Super Fast