Transform Windows XP into Windows 8.1 without using Customization Pack
One of the most popular and special features of this blog is our exclusive "Windows Transformation Tutorial Series". Whenever a new Windows version is released, we post tutorials to make previous Windows versions look like the new Windows version. These tutorials help you in transforming older versions of Windows into newer versions of Windows.
Some of out exclusive transformation tutorials can be read at following links:
- Transform Windows XP into Windows Vista without using Customization Pack
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack
- Transform Windows Vista into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8 RTM without using Customization Pack
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8 RTM without using Customization Pack
The best thing about these tutorials is the complete control over Windows customization. We do everything manually without using any 3rd party customization pack so we know what we are going to do with our system. We change only those things which we want to change.
3rd party transformation packs cause problems for many people, that's why its always advisable to manually transform Windows.
Now Windows 8.1 free Public Preview is available for download which comes with many UI changes. So today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to transform Windows XP into Windows 8.1 without using any 3rd party customization pack.
If you are using Windows XP and want to make your Windows XP look-like Windows 8.1, this tutorial will definitely help you.
Following is a preview of the output which you are going to get after following this tutorial:
This tutorial will change or install following items in Windows XP:
- Windows 8.1 theme for Windows XP
- Windows 8.1 style blue borders in program windows
- Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer
- Windows 8.1 look-like Charms Bar
- Windows 8.1 cursors
- Windows 8.1 style Taskbar
- Windows 8.1 boot screen
- Windows 8.1 login screen
- Windows 8.1 style dialog boxes
- Windows 8.1 look-like System Properties and Personalization window
- Windows 8.1 version info
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
STEP 1: First of all download Windows 8.1 transformation kit created by our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA. All required files are stored in a RAR file given at following link:
The download link is given in right-sidebar of the above mentioned link. After downloading RAR file, extract it using 7-Zip or WinRAR and you'll find a folder containing all the required stuff.
STEP 2: Now visit following article to learn how to use the stuff given in Windows 8.1 transformation kit:
STEP 3: The downloaded kit doesn't contain Windows 8.1 Boot Screen and Login Screen but you can download them separately using following links:
That's it. After following the above mentioned steps you should get Windows 8.1 look-like interface in Windows XP. Feel free to share your feedback in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Extra 2GB of Free Storage in Google Drive
- Download Windows 10 Themes for Windows 8 and 8.1
- Truth Behind Hidden Secret “God Mode” (aka Master Control Panel) Found in Windows 7 and Later
- How to Quickly Clear or Disable “Recently Opened Programs” List in Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7?
- Waiting to Download Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2?
- [Software Update] Opera 40 Now Available for Download