Transform Windows into MacOS Sierra Using Customization Pack
"Sierra" is the name of the upcoming version of Apple's MacOS which will be the 13th major release of MacOS. Currently a beta version is available for download and the final version of MacOS Sierra will be released this fall.
MacOS Sierra comes with many new features along with several GUI changes and today in this article we are going to share a manual customization pack which will help you in transforming Windows OS into MacOS Sierra.
With the help of this customization pack, you'll be able to make any Windows version such as Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 look-like MacOS Sierra.
This customization pack has been created by our DA friend "PeterRollar" and you can follow the following simple and easy steps to convert your Windows OS into MacOS Sierra.
This customization pack contains following stuff:
- Fully working Finderbar
- Lock Screen
- System Properties
- Search directly from Desktop
- Cindori Media Center clone (only .swf files can be displayed)
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
1. First of all download the given RAR file from following DA page:
Extract the RAR file using 7-Zip or WinRAR. It contains a few images which will explain various functions of this customization pack and how to customize it to your liking.
2. Now download the main customization pack file matching your computer screen resolution from following OneDrive link:
Currently the Sierra customization pack is only available for 1360px screen width but more screen resolution files will be added in coming days. Download Sierra1360.rar file from the above mentioned OneDrive link.
Again extract the RAR file using 7-Zip or WinRAR and you'll get a folder named Sierra1360. It'll contain a sub-folder named Samurize inside it.
3. Now you'll need to install Samurize program to apply the customization pack files. Samurize is a monitoring tool similar to Rainmeter. If you don't have it, you can get it from following link:
Remember to click on direct download link otherwise it'll install a useless download manager program.
4. Now install Samurize program in your computer. If you are using Windows Vista or later, you'll need to install it in "Compatibility mode". To do this right-click on the downloaded exe file and select compatibility mode option and follow the instructions. This is important step or you'll get an error message. Installing in compatibility mode is not needed for Windows XP users.
If you are using a 64-bit edition of Windows OS, make sure to change the path from "C:\Program Files (x86)\" to "C:\Program Files\" at the time of Samurize installation.
5. After the installation go to "C:\Program Files\" folder and delete the complete "Samurize" folder.
6. Now copy the new "Samurize" folder found after extracting the RAR file in Step 2 and paste it into "C:\Program Files\" folder.
7. Open the "C:\Program Files\Samurize" folder and look for a file named "Client.exe". Right-click on the file and select "Run as Administrator" option. If you don't run the EXE file with administrative rights, the Finderbar will appear, but most of the functions will not work.
NOTE: Some buttons only work if the target is available on your system such as:
- Software update only works if Apple updater is installed.
- Dock button work with RocketDock or you have to change the target to any other dock utility you use.
- Cycle through Windows needs Windows Vista or Windows 7 to work. You can also activate this functionality on Windows 8/8.1.
8. If you want to use it regularly, make a shortcut of the Client.exe file to your desktop and drag it on the Taskbar.
The steps may sound complicated by first sight but they are easy and a work of two or three minutes hardly.
Thanks to "PeterRollar" for sharing the instructions for how to use this manual MacOS Sierra customization pack.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Windows Tip] Replace “Ease of Access” Button with Other Programs on Login Screen
- Fix “This Page has been Translated” Pop-up Message in Google Chrome by Disabling Automatic Translation Feature
- How to Restore Missing “New” or “New Folder” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows?
- How to Remove Search Box from New Tab Page in Internet Explorer?
- Microsoft Talks About Windows Explorer Improvements in Windows 8, Addition of Ribbon UI and Up Button
- List of Uninstallers / Removal Tools for All Popular Antivirus Software