NOTE: This tutorial will help you in transforming Windows 7 into Windows 8.1 without installing any 3rd party customization pack. After following this tutorial, you'll be able to make your Windows 7 look-like Windows 8.1.
Recently we posted an exclusive tutorial to transform Windows XP into Windows 8.1 which can be found at following link:
Many Windows 7 users requested to post a similar tutorial to convert Windows 7 into Windows 8.1 and this article will definitely please them.
If we talk about looks, Windows 8.1 is not much different from Windows 8. There are only a few GUI changes between both of them. Windows 8.1 user interface (such as theme) is same as Windows 8. Although Windows 8.1 boot screen is different but it is also going to change in final RTM version.
If you are a Windows 7 user and want to make Windows 7 look-like Windows 8.1, just check out following simple steps:
This tutorial will change following things in Windows 7 to transform it into Windows 8.1:
- Windows Theme or Visual Style
- Boot Screen
- Login Screen or Welcome Screen
- Icons, Sounds and Cursors
- Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer
- Start Screen with Live Tiles
- Charms Bar
- Windows 8 Metro Task Manager
- Aero Auto-Colorization Feature
- Centered Titlebar text, icon and Up Button in Windows Explorer
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
1. Windows 8.1 Theme or Visual Style
Windows 8.1 theme is same as Windows 8. If you are already using a Windows 8 theme in Windows 7, then you don't need to apply any other theme. If you are using default Windows 7 theme, you can download and apply Windows 8 or 8.1 theme from following topic:
If you want to get Aero glass transparency, you can also check out following themes:
- Download Windows 8 Release Preview (RC) Theme for Windows 7
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Beta) Theme for Windows 7
- Download Windows 8 "Aero Lite" Theme for Windows 7
2. Windows 8.1 Boot Screen
The current builds of Windows 8.1 shows Microsoft's favorite "betta" fish in boot screen, you can download and apply this boot screen into Windows 7 using following topic:
3. Windows 8.1 Login Screen
Windows 8.1 login screen is same as Windows 8, you can download it using following link:
4. Remaining Part of the Tutorial
All other stuff such as icons, sound schemes, cursors, ribbon UI in Windows Explorer, Start Screen, Charms Bar, wallpapers, etc are same in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. All these stuff have been already covered in our exclusive "Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8" tutorial.
To change all these stuff, you can visit following link and complete the transformation of Windows 7 into Windows 8.1:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8.1 without using Customization Pack
- How to Create Removable Media Shortcuts Automatically on Windows Desktop?
- How to Disable New Metro Boot Loader and Bring Back Windows Vista and 7 Style Boot Loader in Windows 8?
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Offline Installer for Windows 8 and 8.1
- ViStart 8.1: Best Free Start Menu Alternative for Windows
- Permanently Set and Save Process Priority in Windows Task Manager Using Prio