Personally I use Mozilla Firefox web browser at work and home but there are many AskVG readers who use Opera web browser. So today in this tutorial, we are going to share a few tips for Opera which will help you in improving your privacy while using the web browser.
Actually every web browser comes with a few built-in options which help the web browser in improving page load performance but these options also send your usage data and statistics to the web browser company automatically without your knowledge. So its always better to disable these options if you want complete privacy.
If you are an Opera user and want to improve your privacy, you should definitely check out following simple steps:
1. First of all open Opera web browser, click on Opera button present at the top-left corner of Opera window and then click on Settings. You can also directly open Opera Settings page by pressing ALT+P keys together.
2. By default Opera opens your last browsing session upon startup. That means if you were browsing a website and you close the web browser and after some time another person opens Opera web browser, it'll automatically open that website and the other person will automatically know what website you were vising last time.
It might become a privacy issue if you don't want other people to know what website you visited last time. Don't worry! You can disable this feature using following steps:
Under "Browser" section, you can change the "On startup" setting according to your requirements. It would be set to "Continue where I left off" by default. You can change it to "Open the Start Page" or "Open a specific page or set of pages" options.
Now Opera will never restore your last visited websites upon startup.
3. You can also disable "Preload Discover contents" option in "Browser -> Start Page" section to improve your privacy.
4. Now go to "Privacy & security" section and uncheck following 3 options:
- Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
- Predict network actions to improve page load performance
- Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Opera
If you want, you can also enable following option to improve privacy:
- Send a 'Do Not Track' request with your browsing traffic
5. That's it. Once you follow the above mentioned steps, you'll have better privacy settings in Opera web browser.
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Official Crysis Warhead Desktop Theme for Windows XP Absolutely FREE, No Patching Required
- Microsoft Shows Windows 8 Preview
- How to Customize and Tweak Windows Vista Screen Savers using Registry Editor?
- Add Your Favorite Application or Shortcut Under RUN in Windows XP Start Menu
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Windows Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- Registry Tweak to Add “Copy as Path” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows