[Tip] Tweak Microsoft Office 2013 Settings to Improve Your Privacy
Most of us are using the new Office 2013 version in our Windows PCs, its fast and it comes with many security and performance improvements.
Recently while customizing Office 2013 settings, I noticed a few things which I would like to share with you all. There are a few options in Office 2013 settings which come enabled by default. These options allow Office to download or send some data and statistics regularly to Microsoft so that Microsoft can help you better in diagnose and troubleshooting Office 2013 problems.
If you worry about your privacy, you can turn those options off to improve your privacy.
Simply follow these simple steps to improve your privacy settings in Office 2013 suite:
1. Open any Office 2013 program such as Word and click on File menu present in the ribbon.
2. Now click on Options tab given in left sidebar.
3. It'll open options window. Now click on "Trust Center" tab and then click on "Trust Center Settings" button as shown in following screenshot:
4. It'll open a new window. Click on "Privacy Options" tab and here you'll see a few options enabled by default:
5. You can disable following options to improve privacy:
- Download a file periodically that helps determine system problems
- Sign up for the Customer Experience Improvement Program
- Allow the Research task pane to check for and install new services
- Allow sending files to improve file validation
6. Apply changes and now you should have better privacy settings in Office 2013. I have not faced any problem after disabling these options. If you face any issue, you can enable these options anytime.
The above tutorial should also apply to previous Office versions such as Office 2010 and 2007, not checked...
- [Tip] Disable "Customer Experience Improvement Program" (CEIP) in Windows Media Player?
- [Tip] Disallow Secret "Customer Experience Improvement Program" (CEIP) from Collecting Information in Windows
Posted in: Microsoft Office
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows Vista DreamScene Feature in Linux
- [Did You Know] WSReset Command to Clear Windows Store Cache in Windows 8 and Later
- Download Internet Explorer Developer Channel Version for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
- UAC Tweak: Small Utility to Tweak UAC (User Account Control) Settings in Windows
- Download Windows 7 Boot Screen for Windows XP and Vista
- BatteryInfoView: Free Utility to Show Status and Information About Laptop and Netbook Battery