[Tip] Restore Classic Separate Search box in Opera Toolbar
Long time back, when Opera team released version 15 of Opera web browser, they combined the addressbar and search box into a single bar which is also known as Omnibar. Since then all newer versions of Opera come with the combined addressbar and search bar.
Many people are used to the classic and separate search box and they complained to Opera team to bring back the separate search box to Opera web browser.
Now the good news is that the Opera team has added a new option in Opera advanced settings to restore classic search box in Opera toolbar. If you also want to bring back the separate search box to Opera, following steps will help you in adding it back:
1. Launch Opera web browser, click on Opera Menu button and then click on Settings option. Alternatively you can directly launch Settings page by pressing Alt+P keys together.
2. Now click on "Browser" section and scroll down to bottom and enable "Show advanced settings" checkbox.
3. It'll turn a few advanced options on in Settings page. Now look for "Enable search box in the address bar" option.
It'll be present under "User interface" section. Just enable the option.
4. That's it. It'll immediately restore separate classic search box in Opera toolbar.
- [Opera Tip] Disable New "Basic" or "Simple" Settings Page
- [Tip] How to Show Full Webpage URLs in Opera Addressbar?
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Create Direct Shortcut for “Notification Area Icons” in Windows Vista and Later
- Windows 8.1 Releases to Manufacturing (RTM), General Availability on October 17th, 2013
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Change Lock Screen Background Image in Windows 8 and Later
- [Fix] “This Connection is Untrusted” Problem with Google and Other HTTPS Websites in Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Launched “Automated Troubleshooting Services” to Fix Common Maintenance Problems for Windows XP and Vista