[Tip] Remove Shadow Effect from Window Borders in Windows 10
When you install Windows 10 in your computer system and open some program windows such as This PC, Recycle Bin or RUN dialog box, you immediately notice the new drop shadow effect under program windows.
Microsoft has added a huge shadow effect for window borders which may look good for some people but personally I don't like this new shadow effect. The new shadow is large in size and doesn't look nice on window borders.
I like the subtle shadow effect under window borders in Windows 8/8.1. Microsoft did a great job on that effect but for some unknown reason they decided to use this ugly and huge shadow effect in Windows 10.
Personally I don't like animations, shadows and other eye candy effects. I prefer clean and minimal interfaces, so I can't see that annoying shadow every time I open a program window.
The good thing is that this new shadow effect is easy to disable. The option to disable shadow behind program windows is present in almost all Windows versions.
So if you are also like me and don't like the new drop shadow effect under program window borders in Windows 10 and want to get rid of it, following steps will definitely please you:
1. Press WIN+R keys together to launch RUN dialog box. Alternatively you can also open it using Win+X menu.
2. Now type sysdm.cpl in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open classic System Properties window. Now go to "Advanced" tab.
Alternatively you can open it using Control Panel -> System -> Advanced system settings.
3. Now click on "Settings" button in Performance section.
4. Now disable "Show shadows under windows" option.
That's it. It'll immediately remove the new shadow effect from window borders in Windows 10 and you'll get a clean interface as shown in following screenshot:
Do you like the new shadow effect behind window borders? Feel free to share your comment...
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Taskbar Classic Start Menu: Add Classic “All Programs” list to System Tray in Windows 7
- [Software Update] Opera 40 Now Available for Download
- [Fix] “Your Insider Preview Build Settings Need Attention” Message in Windows 10
- [Fix] Windows Automatically Reduces System Volume for Games & PC Calls
- [Tip] Force Windows 10 to Use Ethernet Connection as Metered
- How to Enable Hidden Features (Music, Podcasts, Smart DJ and Social) in Zune Software?