[Tip] Increase Titlebar Text Font Size in Windows 10
When I was testing Windows 10 preview builds, I noticed that Microsoft decreased the font size of titlebar text in a few preview builds. First I thought that it was done for testing purposes only and Microsoft will reset the default titlebar text size in future builds or at least in the final RTM version of Windows 10.
But I was surprised to see that Microsoft didn't fix the titlebar text size and the final RTM build of Windows 10 still comes with small text in all programs titlebars.
If you check in any previous Windows version for example Windows 8/8.1, you'll notice that the titlebar text size is set to 11 and the titlebar text looks a bit large in size compared to the size of other items such as menus, icons, etc.
That's the standard, the titlebar text should be larger than the size of contents of a window or a page or anything else after all its the title.
Actually in Windows 10, Microsoft has set the font size of titlebar text to 9 which is also the font size of other items such as menus, icons, tool tips, etc. That's why the titlebar text looks very small in all program windows.
Today in this tutorial, we'll tell you a very simple way to increase the titlebar text size in Windows 10 to make it standard and look-like Windows 8/8.1 titlebar text.
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
If you remember long time back we told you about changing advanced appearance settings in Windows 8 and later operating systems:
Using the same method, you can increase the titlebar text size in Windows 10. Just check out following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Desktop and select "Display settings" option. It'll open Display Settings app.
2. Now click on "Advanced display settings" link and then click on "Advanced sizing of text and other items" link. It'll open classic Display settings window.
Alternatively, you can direct open classic Display settings using following commands in RUN dialog box as given here:
3. Now under "Change only the text size" section, keep "Title bars" item selected and select 10 or 11 from the size drop-down box.
4. Click on Apply button and it'll increase the titlebar text size in all program windows.
You can select any desired size but 11 looks the best for titlebar text.
You can also customize other text size such as menus, icons, etc from the same window.
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Add New Program Shortcuts in My Computer Context Menu in Windows?
- [Guide] How to Take Ownership (Permission) of a File or Folder Manually in Windows?
- Download Official Royale Blue, Royale Noir, Zune and Embedded Themes for Windows XP
- Download Windows 8 Transformation Pack for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Move / Show “Navigation Pane” at Right in Windows 7 Explorer?
- How to Enable “InPrivate Filtering” Permanently in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Beta?