[Tip] Disable Smooth Typing Animation and Transitions in Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016
UPDATE: This tutorial will also work in newer Office versions such as Office 2016.
Most of us are enjoying the recently released free preview version of Microsoft Office 2013 (codename Office 15).
Office 2013 comes with many new features and enhancements. Microsoft has tried to make Office 2013 UI matching with Windows 8. Office 2013 features a clean and minimal UI without any Aero glass or blur effects as present in previous Office versions.
Office 2013 also comes with some animations which are shown while typing text, switching between menus, etc. These animations look cool but users with slow computers might not like them.
Today in this tutorial, we are going to share a small Registry tweak to disable animations and transitions in Office 2013 applications. It'll help you in improving Office 2013 performance.
So if you are also one of those people who are finding the smooth typing animation and other transition effects annoying in Office 2013 and want to disable them, just follow these simple steps:
1. Press "WIN+R" key combination to launch RUN dialog box then type regedit and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor and go to following key:
For Office 2013:
For Office 2016:
2. Right-click on Common key and select New -> Key option. It'll create a new key, set its name as Graphics
3. Now in right-side pane, create a new DWORD DisableAnimations and set its value to 1 as shown in following screenshot:
4. Close Registry Editor and open any Office 2013 application. Changes are instant and you'll no longer see any animations and effects in Office 2013.
5. If you want to restore default animations, change value of DisableAnimations to 0 or simply delete the DWORD.
PS: If you don't want to modify Registry yourself and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file, it'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Posted in: Microsoft Office
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Extract Original (Default) System Files from Windows Setup Disc?
- [Fix] Can’t Use Google Now Launcher as Default on Your Android Mobile Phone
- [Tip] Speed Up Switching between Desktop and Start Screen By Disabling Start Screen Animation in Windows 8 and Later
- [FAQ] All About Rooting Android Mobile Phones and Tablets
- How to Add “Network Connections” Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu in Windows?
- How to Uninstall Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)?