[Tip] How to Uninstall Modern Apps in Windows 10
Since the release of Windows 8 operating system, Microsoft has started working on a new type of apps which are known as modern (or metro / universal) apps. These apps are similar to the apps which are found in mobile phones.
Microsoft's new OS Windows 10 also comes bundled with lots of new as well as updated modern apps such as 3D Builder, App Connector, Calculator, Xbox, Photos, etc. You can also install many other apps using Windows Store app.
Many Windows users may not like these extra and unnecessary apps and want to uninstall all or some of these preinstalled modern apps from Windows 10.
That's why today in this tutorial, we are going to share different ways to uninstall and remove modern apps from Windows 10 operating system:
- METHOD 1: Uninstall apps using Start Menu
- METHOD 2: Uninstall apps using Settings
- METHOD 3: Uninstall all built-in apps using PowerShell
- METHOD 4: Uninstall all built-in apps using CCleaner (new*)
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
METHOD 1: Uninstall Apps Using Start Menu
You can quickly and easily uninstall modern apps using Windows 10 Start Menu. Just follow these simple steps:
Open Start Menu and if your desired app tile is pinned to Start Menu right-side list, then right-click on the tile and select Uninstall option.
If the app is not pinned, then click on All apps link and go to your desired app. Now right-click on the app and select Uninstall option.
That's it. It'll immediately uninstall that app from your system.
METHOD 2: Uninstall Apps Using Settings
You can also uninstall apps using Settings in Windows 10:
1. Open Start Menu and click on Settings link. Alternatively, you can direct open Settings by pressing WIN+I keys together.
2. Now go to "System -> Apps & features" section.
3. Select desired app and click on Uninstall button.
It'll uninstall the app immediately.
METHOD 3: Uninstall All Built-in Apps Using PowerShell
Above mentioned methods will not be able to uninstall all built-in apps. Many apps such as Photos, Music, OneNote, Xbox, People, Camera, etc will not allow you to uninstall them using any of the above mentioned methods.
Actually Microsoft has restricted users from uninstalling these built-in essential apps in Windows 10. But you can try some advanced methods to remove all these built-in apps.
Take a look at following exclusive tutorial to learn how to remove default built-in apps in Windows 10:
METHOD 4: Uninstall All Built-in Apps Using CCleaner
New versions of the popular data cleaning software CCleaner now allow you to uninstall any built-in app in Windows 10. You can check out following tutorial to learn more about it:
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Automatic Image Resizing in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Change Download Folder Location in Your Favorite Web Browser?
- Microsoft Cooking Windows Vista SP3
- [Tip] Enable New “Flip Ahead” Feature in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8
- [Fix] Can’t Set or Change Office 2013 Background Image, Automatically Resets to None
- Google Drive Launched, Get 5GB of Free Storage NOW