[Tip] Get Classic Theme, UI and Features Back in Mozilla Firefox
If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, you might be aware of the new and controversial "Australis UI" which has been put in the stable version of the web browser.
The new Firefox UI comes with a minimal and clean look-n-feel including curved tabs, new animations, new toolbar customization mode, etc.
Personally I like the new UI. May be because I'm using the Australis UI since many days in Firefox Nightly builds, that's why I'm getting used to it. But there are many people who are not liking the new Australis UI at all.
People are complaining about the removal of add-on bar, orange Firefox button and various options such as tabs on bottom, small icons in toolbar, show text on icons, etc.
If you have upgraded to the latest Firefox version and you are not happy with the new Australis UI, this topic will definitely please you.
Today in this topic we are going to share an excellent add-on for Mozilla Firefox which will help you in getting rid of the nee Australis UI. It'll bring the classic theme and all missing good ol' features and options back in new versions of Firefox.
"Classic Theme Restorer" is a free add-on for Mozilla Firefox web browser which restores the classic user interface and removed features such as add-on bar, orange Firefox button, etc.
Once installed, this add-on automatically removes the new Australis UI and replaces it with the old Firefox UI.
Following are some important features of this add-on:
- Restores classic theme in Firefox
- Restores classic search in Firefox (How-to guide)
- Brings classic features back in Firefox
- Enables missing add-on bar
- Allows users to enable additional toolbar
- Allows users to customize Australis UI
- Removes curved tabs and restores squared tabs in tab bar
- Allows users to customize tabs appearance
- Allows users to put tabs on bottom
- Allows users to put tabs below the titlebar
- Allows users to change max. and min. width of tabs
- Shows orange Firefox button (App Menu) in titlebar or toolbar
- Allows users to customize Firefox button appearance
- Restores various classic buttons in toolbar
- Allows users to show small icons in toolbar
- Allows users to show icons only, text only or both icons and text in toolbar
- Allows users to hide/remove navigation toolbar
- Allows users to show Find bar at top or bottom
- Allows users to show/hide tab close button
- Allows users to disable various animations to speedup performance
- Various other tweaks and customizations
You can enable or disable all above mentioned options using this add-ons Options page which can be accessed using add-ons page in Firefox.
For Firefox users who hate the new Australis UI and want to get rid of it, this add-on is a must have.
Interested people can download and install the add-on using following link:
Thanks to our readers Pushkar Gogte, Tim, ParaN01D and Frederick for sharing this add-on...
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove “Next Desktop Background” Option from Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu?
- Mosaic: Get Windows 8 Style Live Tiles with Metro UI on Windows XP, Vista and 7 Desktop
- [Windows 10 Tip] Use “Network Reset” Feature to Fix Common Internet Connection Issues
- Download AVG Antivirus Free Edition 2012
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- How to Change Icons and Text Labels (Names) of Start Screen Tiles in Windows 8 and 8.1?