[Tip] Enable New “Flip Ahead” Feature in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8
We all know that Microsoft's latest OS Windows 8 comes with 2 versions of its built-in web browser "Internet Explorer". One is the traditional Desktop version of Internet Explorer which comes bundled with every Windows version and the other is a new version of Internet Explorer which is called "Metro IE". Its a special version of Internet Explorer specifically designed for touch devices such as tablets.
The Metro IE version can be accessed from the new Start Screen. Its shown as a tile in Start Screen and you can launch it by clicking on the tile. Its a chromeless version of IE to provide maximum browsing area to users.
But did you know this new Metro version of Internet Explorer comes with a nice and useful feature called "Flip ahead"?
"Flip ahead" feature only works in Metro IE. It allows you to quickly and easily go to next page in a website which you are browsing by either swiping across the screen or clicking on forward button which is shown in the middle-right area of screen as shown in following image:
By default this feature is not enabled but interested people can enable it using any of following 2 methods:
- METHOD 1: Using Metro IE Settings
- METHOD 2: Using Desktop IE Options
METHOD 1: Using Metro IE Settings
1. Launch Metro IE by clicking on Internet Explorer tile on Start Screen.
2. Move your mouse cursor to top-right corner of screen and click on Settings option from the Charms bar. Alternatively, you can press Win+C keys together to access the Charms bar.
3. Now click on "Internet Options" given in the right sidebar.
4. It'll open Metro IE settings page. Scroll down a little and set the option "Turn on flip ahead" to On.
That's it. It'll immediately enable the new flip ahead feature in Metro IE.
METHOD 2: Using Desktop IE Options
You can also enable flip ahead feature using Desktop version of Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer and select "Internet options" from Tools menu.
2. Go to "Advanced" tab and scroll down a little to get "Enable flip ahead" option present in Browsing section.
3. Enable the option and apply the changes.
Now you are ready to enjoy the new "Flip ahead" feature in Internet Explorer 10 present in Windows 8.
NOTE: According to Microsoft, if you enable this option, your browsing history will be sent to Microsoft to improve how flip ahead works.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Realistic Fly, Ladybugs and Cockroaches for Your Desktop
- [Fix] “SecureBoot isn’t Configured Correctly” Watermark Showing on Windows 8.1 Desktop
- How to Access and Use Metro Boot Loader and Advanced Boot Options in Windows 8 and Later?
- Download FREE CustoPack Tools to Customize Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- How to Remove “Feedback” Button from Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta Toolbar?
- How to Adjust Taskbar Thumbnail Delay Time in Windows 7