[Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “System UI Tuner” Menu in Google Android Mobile Phones
If you remember, long time back we shared a small trick to enable a hidden secret "Developer Options" menu in Google Android mobile phones. You can read full details about it at following link:
Today we are going to share a similar trick to reveal another hidden secret menu called "System UI Tuner" in Google Android mobile phones and tablets. Please remember this secret menu can only be activated in Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later versions such as Android 7.0 Nougat.
This secret menu can be used to customize many UI elements such as Quick Settings icons, status bar icons, battery icon, etc.
If you want to enable this new secret menu in your Android mobile phone or tablet, following steps will help you:
1. First of all swipe down from the top to access the notification panel and you'll see Settings (gear) icon. (In some mobile phones and new Android 7.0 Nougat version, you may need to pull down the notification/status bar twice to get Settings icon).
2. Now press and hold on the Settings (gear) icon for a few seconds and you'll see a message on screen stating "Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to Settings".
3. Now open Settings and scroll down to bottom and you'll see the new "System UI Tuner" menu.
4. Tap on the "System UI Tuner" menu and Android OS will show you following welcome message:
Fun for some but not for all
System UI Tuner gives you extra ways to tweak and customize the Android user interface. These experimental features may change, break, or disappear in future releases. Proceed with caution.
Tap on "GOT IT" button and you are ready to use the new "System UI Tuner" menu.
5. This new menu allows you to customize various stuff which may differ for different mobile phone models. Following are some common options which are usually present in "System UI Tuner" menu:
- Quick Settings
- Status bar
- Show embedded battery percentage
- Demo mode
"Quick Settings" option allows you to re-order, add (Broadcast icon), remove or restore quick settings items present on notification panel.
"Status bar" option allows you to show or hide various icons such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Cellular Data, Airplane Mode, Alarm, etc on notification bar.
"Show embedded battery percentage" option allows you to show or hide battery percentage numbers visible on notification bar.
"Demo mode" option has been created specially for taking uncluttered screenshots. If you enable this option, it'll start showing dummy/artificial Wi-Fi, Network, Battery and Time icons on notification bar which are actually static icons/images and never change. Wi-Fi, Network and Battery icons will always show full status and time will show 06:00. This option can help you if you want to take screenshots and don't want to show actual notification bar and its icons.
6. In future, if you want to remove "System UI Tuner" menu from Settings page, you can remove it using following steps:
- Open "System UI Tuner" menu and tap on the menu icon present on the top-right corner (3 vertical dots icon).
- Now select "Remove from Settings" option. It'll show a confirmation message "Remove System UI Tuner from Settings and stop using all of its features?", tap on "REMOVE" button.
It'll immediately remove "System UI Tuner" menu from Settings page.
Alternatively, you can press and hold on Settings (gear) icon on notification panel to remove "System UI Tuner" menu from Settings page.
NOTE: Some mobile manufacturer companies such as Samsung disallow users to enable this hidden secret "System UI Tuner" menu so you won't be able to activate it on some phones.
- [Tip] How to Check Running Apps List in Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Later Versions
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret Features and Menus in Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
- Hidden Secret Trick to Reboot Google Android Mobile Phones into Safe Mode
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- 7Customizer: Freeware to Customize and Tweak Windows 7 Setup ISO
- Don’t Get Fooled by Generic Windows XP Product Keys from Microsoft
- Update Your Windows Using Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Any Other Web Browser
- How to Change or Customize Start Screen Background, Start Menu and Start Button in Windows 8?
- How to Restore Missing “Send To” Menuitem in File and Folder Context Menus in Windows?
- How to Change “New Tab” Button URL in Mozilla Firefox?