[Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Profile Manager” Feature in Google Chrome
Today we are going to share an interesting tip for Google Chrome users. This tip helps you in enabling a hidden secret feature "Profile Manager" in Google Chrome web browser.
This feature is not new and exists since long time. Unfortunately I was not aware of this feature as I don't use Google Chrome as my primary web browser. Thanks to one of our very active readers "TheAslan" for notifying me about this cool hidden feature of Chrome.
This feature is disabled by default in Google Chrome but can be activated using advanced configuration page called "Chrome://flags". You can read more about this secret page at following link:
"Profile Manager" or "Profile Management System" feature adds a new button/menu near titlebar buttons which allows you to manage all users present in Google Chrome quickly and easily.
You can add new users or remove existing users in Chrome using this menu. You can also browse Internet as a guest with the help of this new menu. In guest browsing your visited websites will not be stored in browser history and it'll not store any personal information, cookies on the computer.
To enable this hidden feature simply follow these simple steps:
1. Open Google Chrome and type chrome://flags/ in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll open advanced configuration page.
2. Now press "Ctrl+F" keys together to launch find box and type following in the find box:
It'll directly go to following option:
Enable new profile management system Windows
Enables the new profile management system, including profile sign-out and the new avatar menu UI.
3. Click on the "Enable" link given below the option.
4. At the end click on "Relaunch Now" button and once Google Chrome opens, you'll have the new profile manager feature enabled in the web browser.
PS: In future if this feature is enabled by default in new Chrome versions and if you decide to disable it, you can disable it using the same method as mentioned above. Just click on "Disable" link given below the option.
Posted in: Google Chrome
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Nero Lite and Nero Micro: Small and Optimized Installers for Nero Burning ROM
- Hidden Secret Service Menu Codes for Sony, Samsung, LG and Philips TV
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- Launchy: A Complete Replacement for Windows Start Menu, Taskbar, Desktop Icons and File Manager
- Get Windows 7 CAD (Ctrl+Alt+Del) Screen in Windows XP
- [Solution] How to Disable Menubar in Windows Vista and Later Explorer?