"The Search Bar" gadget is an excellent gadget for Windows 7 users which allows you to easily search from various providers right from your desktop. You can search from Amazon, AOL, Ask.com, Bing, Google, Wikipedia or Yahoo.
If you want to switch search providers, simply click on the icon and select one from the list.
At the moment, this gadget is intended for Windows 7 and does not include a smaller "docked" mode for use with the Vista Sidebar. It is designed to float on your desktop.
You can download the gadget using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable / Disable New Welcome Screen, Log Off and Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows XP?
- Did You Know You can Move Taskbar Buttons in Windows 7?
- How to Enable Good Old Start Button (ORB) and Start Menu in Windows 8?
- Add Websites or Search Engine Links in Windows Explorer and Start Menu Search Results Page
- WinLaunch: Download Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” for Windows Vista and 7
- Windows 8.1 = Fix (Windows 8) <=> Windows 7 = Fix (Windows Vista)