Best Method to Backup Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks Without Using Extensions
If you don't want to use any add-on/extension to take a backup of your Mozilla Firefox bookmarks, then you can take help of this tutorial. I use this trick to set a separate location for my Firefox bookmarks. I usually set this backup location to a drive other than windows drive, so that if windows gets corrupted and if I have to reinstall windows, I'll not have to lose my Firefox bookmarks.
Following are the required steps to follow:
1. First export your Firefox bookmarks for one time only and save the file to any desired location, which you think is safe.
To export Firefox bookmarks, go to Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks menu or press Ctrl+Shfit+B keys together. It'll open Bookmarks manager. Now click on Import and Backup -> Export Bookmarks to HTML option.
2. Close Firefox and type %appdata% in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter.
Now go to:
3. Now open prefs.js file in Notepad and add following line at the end of this file:
NOTE: Here "E:\\Setup\\bookmarks.html" is the location where I have stored the bookmarks file. Change it to your desired location and make sure to use \\ instead of \.
That's it. Now Firefox will automatically use the above mentioned file for storing your bookmarks and you'll not need to take care of your bookmarks ever.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Norton 360 Security Suite 6.0 Free Beta
- Add “Restart uxsms” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Profile Manager” Feature in Google Chrome
- How to Create a Shortcut Icon or Hotkey to Enable / Disable Windows Firewall?
- Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar Tweaks: Auto-Hide and Multi-Row Toolbar
- [Guide] Different Ways to Open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows