If you use Windows and use the default "Notepad" a lot for various tasks like writing notes, coding, etc, this topic might be useful for you.
Today in this topic, we are going to cover a few FREE applications which look and work similar to Notepad but provide lots of useful features which are missing in Notepad.
So without wasting any time, lets take a look at the free alternatives to Notepad:
- Glass Notepad
- Transparent Notepad
- Programmer's Notepad
- NoteTab Light
- TED Notepad
- SciTE Text Editor
- BDV Notepad
Above are the best free alternatives to Notepad. Give them a try and choose whichever fits to your requirements. Our favorite is "Notepad2". Its very light-weighted and provides lots of useful features. "Notepad++" is also a good one.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Reclaim Free Space by Removing Old Windows Updates Files in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- Download “Microsoft Camera Codec Pack” to Enable RAW Format Support in Windows Explorer and Windows Live Photo Gallery
- How to Adjust “Aero Peek” Desktop Preview Delay Time in Windows 7
- How to Hide / Show Specific Control Panel Applets / Icons in Windows?
- [Tip] Improve Microsoft Office 2013 Performance by Disabling Unnecessary Animations
- [Tip] Add Secret “Purge Memory” Button in Google Chrome Task Manager