TeraCopy: Free Alternative to Windows Built-in Copy and Move Functionality
Are you not satisfied with default Windows copy / move dialog box? Do you want to have an advanced file copy mechanism with features like pause/resume, etc?
TeraCopy is a free and small software designed to copy and move your files at the maximum possible speed.
It comes with following interesting features:
- Copy files faster: TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers: Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery: In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list: TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration: TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
- Full Unicode support.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- [Fix] Can’t Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 and Later
- How to Mount ISO, VHD and Other Image Files in Windows Similar to Windows 8?
- Add “Show / Hide Checkbox” to Select Items Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- How to Change Windows Update Settings When Managed or Disabled by System Administrator?
- Mozilla Releases Add-on Recovery Tool for Firefox 7.0 to Recover Hidden Add-ons