TeraCopy: Free Alternative to Windows Built-in Copy and Move Functionality
Are you not satisfied with default Windows copy / move dialog box? Do you want to have an advanced file copy mechanism with features like pause/resume, etc?
TeraCopy is a free and small software designed to copy and move your files at the maximum possible speed.
It comes with following interesting features:
- Copy files faster: TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers: Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery: In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list: TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration: TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
- Full Unicode support.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Kludget Engine: Free Utility to Use Mac OS Dashboard Widgets on Windows and Linux Desktop
- Add “Show / Hide File Extensions” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
- Border Skin: Get Windows Vista and 7 Style Aero Glass Effect with Blur and Reflection in Windows XP
- How to Show Windows 8 Developer Preview Watermark (Build Number Info) on Windows 7 Desktop?
- [Opera Tip] Disable Automatic Detection and Removal of Duplicate Bookmarks
- [Tip] Tweak and Customize Windows 8 Task Manager Functionality