TaskbarEx: Move, Rearrange and Detach Taskbar Buttons in Windows XP
Here is an excellent utility for Windows XP users. "TaskbarEx" provides lots of useful features for XP users which are worth to use.
"TaskbarEx" allows you to:
- Move taskbar buttons
- Re-arrange taskbar buttons like Windows 7
- Detach taskbar buttons onto the Desktop
- Show taskbar thumbnails like Windows Vista and 7
So its a small utility which does wonders in XP. You can move taskbar buttons to anywhere else. You can move them to change their positions, you can detach them from taskbar and put them on Desktop.
If you want to put the button back to taskbar, right-click on the button and select "Return" option:
You can also set the button to stay on top of all windows by enabling "Topmost" option from its context menu.
And no need to use extra software to show taskbar thumbnails when you can get this additional feature with the help of TaskbarEx:
It also allows you to customize its settings like run at Windows startup, show/hide its system tray icon, increase/decrease taskbar buttons transparency, change taskbar thumbnails size and transparency level, etc. Simply right-click on its system tray icon and select "Config" option:
Its a portable utility, so you don't even need to install it. Simply run its EXE file.
It seems the official download page is no longer available so we have uploaded the utility at our server for your convenience. You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Small Download Arrow Icon Showing on Start Screen Tiles in Windows 8.1
- Add Tabs, Dual-Pane View and Classic Features to Windows Explorer
- [News] Google Announces Android 4.4 “KitKat”, Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices and Services Business
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office Using Registry?
- Comparison Between Windows 7 and Windows 8 Memory Management System
- Ultimate List of All Kinds of User Restrictions for Windows