We all know that Windows 7 and Windows 8 allow you to pin shortcuts to Taskbar so that you can access them quickly and easily using a single click.
We have also posted a few tutorials in past which help you in pinning folders, drives and useful system shortcuts to Windows 7 and Windows 8 Taskbar. Today in this article, we are going to share a new freeware which helps you in pinning almost anything to Windows 7 and Windows 8 Taskbar.
"Taskbar Pinner" is a free software developed by our friend "hb860" which allows you to:
- Pin any file regardless of its type
- Pin any folder
- Pin drives
- Pin Control Panel items including God Mode, Network Connections
- Pin Libraries
- Pin Shell Objects like Run command, "Minimize All", Window Switcher
- Pin any drive, all folders and all files via Explorer Context Menu
- Pin any folders or files with drag and drop
- Pin any folders or files via command line
It works in both Windows 7 and Windows 8. There are 2 different versions available in the download archive.
Taskbar Pinner is a portable app so you don't need to install it. Simply run the app and pin the desired item to Taskbar.
You can download it using following link:
If you don't want to use 3rd party software, you can check out following tutorials to do these things manually:
- How to Pin a Folder or Drive Directly to Windows 7 and 8 Taskbar?
- How to Pin My Computer and Other Useful Shortcuts to Windows 7 and 8 Taskbar