Did you ever want to hide / remove Windows taskbar so that you can use a dock and can get more space on Desktop? Although you can set the taskbar to "Auto-hide" but it also hides the Start button.
"Taskbar Eliminator" is a great portable application which can hide the Taskbar but shows the start button so that you can access your programs.
Its very handy if you use a dock. Just run the EXE file and it'll hide the taskbar. If you want to show the taskbar again, press the "Ctrl + Alt + T" keys and it'll show the main window where you can easily unhide the taskbar again. Also you can set the program to start automatically with Windows.
It works on almost all Windows versions including Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista and 7.
Thanks to "JosephR" for mentioning it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 7 will allow Downgrade to Vista or XP for a Limited Time
- Explorer Breadcrumbs: Get Windows Vista and Windows 7 Explorer Breadcrumbs in Windows XP
- How to Fix Old Classic Context Menu Problem in Windows Vista and 7
- Update Your Windows Using Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Any Other Web Browser
- SystemTray Recycler: Put Recycle Bin in Windows System Tray aka Taskbar Notification Area
- Windows 8.1 is Just Around the Corner, Are You Ready to Switch?