Did you ever want to hide / remove Windows taskbar so that you can use a dock and can get more space on Desktop? Although you can set the taskbar to "Auto-hide" but it also hides the Start button.
"Taskbar Eliminator" is a great portable application which can hide the Taskbar but shows the start button so that you can access your programs.
Its very handy if you use a dock. Just run the EXE file and it'll hide the taskbar. If you want to show the taskbar again, press the "Ctrl + Alt + T" keys and it'll show the main window where you can easily unhide the taskbar again. Also you can set the program to start automatically with Windows.
It works on almost all Windows versions including Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista and 7.
Thanks to "JosephR" for mentioning it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 Icons in XP Using SevenVG Icon Pack
- How to Create Removable Media Shortcuts Automatically on Windows Desktop?
- Download Official Silverlight Wallpapers from Microsoft
- Registry Tweak to Add “Copy as Path” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows
- Download Windows Vista Blue Theme “VistaVG Blue Refresh” for Windows XP
- Aura: Get Windows 8 Aero Auto-Colorization Feature in Windows Vista and 7