STDU Explorer: Get Windows 8 Style Explorer with Ribbon UI in Windows XP, Vista and 7
We know that Windows 8 comes with Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer similar to Office 2010 applications.
If you are a Ribbon UI lover and want to have a similar feature in Windows XP, Vista or 7 Explorer, here is an interesting software for you.
"STDU Explorer" is a free Windows Explorer alternative which comes with Ribbon UI. It offers you the opportunity to work with image files (psd, bmp, png, gif, pcx, jpeg, wmf formats) and e-books (DjVu, PDF, FB2, JBIG2, XPS, DCX, WWF, PDB, CBR and CBZ formats).
STDU Explorer supports standard operations such as moving, copying, pasting, renamming, deleting, etc. But its possibilities are much wider:
- Extended representation of files list with adjustable thumbnails size
- Fast preview any page of multipage documents
- Fast access to a tree of bookmarks in PDF, XPS, FB2 or DjVu files
Although its not a perfect alternative for Windows Explorer but can be used as a standalone application.
If you want to test the Ribbon UI use in Explorer, you should definitely give it a try.
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Profile Manager” Feature in Google Chrome
- [IE11 Review] List of Features That Have Been Removed or Added in Internet Explorer 11
- [Fun Tip] Enable Windows Vista Boot Screen in Windows 7
- How to Remove Annoying Common Tasks (Details Pane) from Desktop in Windows XP?
- How to Modify or Disable ScanDisk Timeout Value on Windows Startup?
- Download Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats