UPDATE: The keyboard shortcuts mentioned in this article will also work in newer Windows versions such as Windows 8 and later.
Windows 7 comes with lots of new keyboard shortcuts which are very useful and easy to remember. So here is a complete list:
|Win+Down||Restore / Minimize|
|Win+Left||Snap to left|
|Win+Right||Snap to right|
|Win+Shift+Left||Jump to left monitor|
|Win+Shift+Right||Jump to right monitor|
|Win+Home||Minimize / Restore all other windows|
|Win+T||Focus the first taskbar entry. Pressing again will cycle through them. Win+Shift+T cycles backwards.|
|Win+Space||Peek at the desktop|
|Win+G||Bring gadgets to the top of the Z-order|
|Win+P||External display options (mirror, extend desktop, etc)|
|Win+X||Mobility Center (same as Vista, but still handy!)|
(# = a number key)
|Launches a new instance of the application in the Nth slot on the taskbar. Example: Win+1 launches first pinned app, Win+2 launches second, etc.|
|Win + +
Win + -
(plus or minus key)
|Zoom in or out.|
|Alt+P||Show/hide Preview Pane|
|Shift + Click on icon||Open a new instance|
|Middle click on icon||Open a new instance|
|Ctrl + Shift + Click on icon||Open a new instance with Admin privileges|
|Shift + Right-click on icon||Show window menu (Restore / Minimize / Move / etc)
Note: Normally you can just right-click on the window thumbnail to get this menu
|Shift + Right-click on grouped icon||Menu with Restore All / Minimize All / Close All, etc.|
|Ctrl + Click on grouped icon||Cycle between the windows (or tabs) in the group|
Thanks to Brandon for sharing them...
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Windows 7 Taskbar Tab Preview Thumbnails in Mozilla Firefox?
- Xmarks Bookmark Sync: Must Have Extension for All Web Browsers
- How to Disable Automatic Image Resizing in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Fix] Can’t Change SmartScreen Filter Settings in Windows 8 and Later
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Mozilla Thunderbird Window?
- How to Remove Annoying “Safe To Remove Hardware” Message Box in Windows Vista?