[Solution] How to Fix “Orkut.com, YouTube.com and Mozilla Firefox is Banned in Your System” Error in Windows?
Many people are facing a common problem. A few websites such as Orkut.com, YouTube.com and a web browser "Mozilla Firefox" automatically get blocked in their systems and they get following error message with a scary laughing sound when they try to open them:
ORKUT IS BANNED
Orkut is banned you fool, The administrators didn't write this program guess who did??
Following is a screenshot of the message:
This problem occurs because of "Heap41a / win32.USBworm" which spreads through USB pen drives and removable storage devices. In this tutorial, we'll tell you a simple method to remove this virus.
So if you are also facing this weird problem, following steps will help you:
1. Open "Task Manager" and go to "Processes" tab.
2. Look for services with name "svchost.exe". There will be many services with the same name. Most of them will have "SYSTEM", "LOCAL SERVICE" OR "NETWORK SERVICE" as User Name but you have to look for "svchost.exe" service which has your currently logged in username as User Name.
3. You'll get approx. 2 services with the name "svchost.exe" which has your Windows username. End Task them by pressing <Delete> key or by selecting them and clicking on "End Process" button. It'll confirm the action, accept it.
4. Now open "regedit" from RUN and go to following keys:
And look for a key in right-side pane with the name "Winlogon" which will have "heap41a\svchost.exe" in its value field. If you find this key, delete it.
5. Now go to following key:
And in right-side pane, change value of "CheckedValue" to 1
6. Now enable "Show Hidden Files/Folders" option in "Tools -> Folder Options" in My Computer.
7. Right-click on Start button and select "Open". Now open "Programs" folder, here you'll see a folder "Startup". Open it and if you get a hidden file there, delete it. If its not there, then close it.
8. At last open "My Computer" and open C: drive. Disable "Hide Protected System files" option in "Tools -> Folder Options". You'll see a folder "heap41a" in C: drive. Delete it.
That's it. After doing all this, restart your system and you'll get rid of the virus.
PS: Don't forget to format your pen drive or removable storage media which caused this virus infection because it would still contain the virus. If you don't want to format it, then delete following 2 files from pen drive:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- [Tip] Create Portable Version of Opera Browser and Opera Mail for USB Drives
- Windows 10 Bug Breaks Lock Screen Slide Show Feature
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- [Tip] Get Rid of White Titlebars in Windows 10
- Circle Dock: The Open Source Circular and Spiral Dock for Windows