[Solution] File & Folder Names are not Visible in Windows Explorer
After receiving a few emails about this problem, today I decided to write a solution for this annoying problem.
Many Windows users face a problem in Windows Explorer, when they can't see file or folder names in a specific folder. Only file and folder icons are visible but their names are hidden as shown in following screenshot:
Here is a small step-by-step tutorial to fix this problem:
For Windows XP:
1. Open the folder which has this invisible name problem.
2. Now select "Details" from View menu.
3. Press and hold SHIFT key, right-click in empty area and select "View -> Thumbnails".
4. It'll toggle the file/folder names.
Actually its a feature to show/hide file names while in Thumbnails mode.
For Windows Vista and Later:
1. Open the folder which has this problem.
2. Right-click in empty area and uncheck "View -> Hide File names" option.
3. If this option is not available, press and hold SHIFT key, right-click in empty area and select "View -> Medium Icons" option.
NOTE: If above solution doesn't work, enable "Show hidden files and folders" option in Folder Options and then delete "Desktop.ini" file present in the folder which has this invisible name problem. Thanks to our reader "Adiman" for this tip...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Mozilla Firefox Closes When You Close the Last Tab
- Power Scheduler: Freeware to Schedule Shutdown, Restart, Hibernate and Lock Operations in Windows
- How to Apply and Safely Use Custom User Interface (Shell or Explorer) in Windows?
- How to Get Good Old 3D Pinball Game, InkBall, Hold ‘Em, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Calendar and ClipBook Viewer in Windows 7?
- How to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista?
- Everything You Need to Know About Windows 8.1 Update 1