Bored with Windows Vista default startup animation, sound and Welcome screen? Then here is something interesting for all Windows Vista users.
balderoine and fediafedia have modified Windows Vista system files which bring a new Welcome screen, startup animation, sound and spiny wheel for you.
You can take a look at these new stuffs in following image:
This release contains 32-bit software only.
- Startup animation
- New startup sound (it's awesome)
- New login screen
- New spinny wheel thing
Note: There is only one imageres.dll file because it works on both SP1 and SP2 and probably even SP0 considering it's version number. Authui, however, not. There are 2 authui files included. For SP1 and SP2.
If you don't have take ownership option in context menu, follow this guide. After that:
- Take ownership of imageres.dll and authui.dll in C:\windows\system32.
- Rename both files to something like imageres1.dll and authui1,dll
- Copy the new files from this folder to system32 and Reboot.
These files were tested on 32-bit editions of vista SP1 and SP2.
Posted in: Windows Vista
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable “Switch User” Option in Windows Vista and 7?
- How to Get Rid of Too Much White Space in Microsoft Office 2013? Switch to New Gray Color Themes
- How to Enable / Disable Animations in Copy / Move / Delete Dialog Box in Windows Vista and 7?
- Win+X Menu Editor: Freeware to Tweak and Customize “Win+X” Menu in Windows 8
- [Windows 8] What We Know and What We Need to Know?
- [Registry Method] How to Prevent Themes to Change Desktop Icons & Mouse Pointers in Windows 7?