Snow Leopard Startup Animation and Login Screen for Windows Vista
Bored with Windows Vista default startup animation, sound and Welcome screen? Then here is something interesting for all Windows Vista users.
balderoine and fediafedia have modified Windows Vista system files which bring a new Welcome screen, startup animation, sound and spiny wheel for you.
You can take a look at these new stuffs in following image:
This release contains 32-bit software only.
- Startup animation
- New startup sound (it's awesome)
- New login screen
- New spinny wheel thing
Note: There is only one imageres.dll file because it works on both SP1 and SP2 and probably even SP0 considering it's version number. Authui, however, not. There are 2 authui files included. For SP1 and SP2.
If you don't have take ownership option in context menu, follow this guide. After that:
- Take ownership of imageres.dll and authui.dll in C:\windows\system32.
- Rename both files to something like imageres1.dll and authui1,dll
- Copy the new files from this folder to system32 and Reboot.
These files were tested on 32-bit editions of vista SP1 and SP2.
Posted in: Windows Vista
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows Vista Blue Theme “VistaVG Blue Refresh” for Windows XP
- How to Close or Delete Your Email or Social Network Accounts Permanently?
- Take a Look at New Animated Boot Screen in Windows 7 Build 6954
- [Windows 10 Tip] Show / Hide Number of New Notifications on Action Center Icon in Taskbar
- How to Remove Useless “Bookmarks” Button from Bookmarks Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox?
- Get Windows Vista DreamScene Feature in Linux