Snow Leopard Startup Animation and Login Screen for Windows Vista
Bored with Windows Vista default startup animation, sound and Welcome screen? Then here is something interesting for all Windows Vista users.
balderoine and fediafedia have modified Windows Vista system files which bring a new Welcome screen, startup animation, sound and spiny wheel for you.
You can take a look at these new stuffs in following image:
This release contains 32-bit software only.
- Startup animation
- New startup sound (it's awesome)
- New login screen
- New spinny wheel thing
Note: There is only one imageres.dll file because it works on both SP1 and SP2 and probably even SP0 considering it's version number. Authui, however, not. There are 2 authui files included. For SP1 and SP2.
If you don't have take ownership option in context menu, follow this guide. After that:
- Take ownership of imageres.dll and authui.dll in C:\windows\system32.
- Rename both files to something like imageres1.dll and authui1,dll
- Copy the new files from this folder to system32 and Reboot.
These files were tested on 32-bit editions of vista SP1 and SP2.
Posted in: Windows Vista
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Hidden “Aero Lite” Theme in Windows 8 and Later?
- How to Restore Old Speed Dial Page and Move New Navigation Bar Back to Top in Opera?
- Microsoft Announces Windows 8 and Windows RT “Surface” Tablets
- How to Change Registered Owner and Organization Name in Windows?
- [Tip] How to Restart Mozilla Firefox With All Opened Tabs
- How to Open Any Program by Typing its Name in RUN Dialog Box in Windows?