Almost all Windows users are aware of our Master Tutorial series which helps you in boosting overall system performance and making your Windows faster. Following are some tutorials which are part of this series:
- Speed Up Windows 8 - Master Tutorial to Make Windows 8 Super Fast
- Speed Up Windows 7 - Master Tutorial to Make Windows 7 Super Fast
- Speed Up Windows Vista - Master Tutorial to Make Windows Vista Super Fast
- Speed Up Windows XP - Master Tutorial to Make Windows XP Super Fast
Today in this tutorial, we are going to share another hidden secret trick which will help you in boosting your system performance. If you are a Windows Vista or later user, you should give it a try:
1. Type msconfig in Start Menu search box or RUN dialog box and press Enter.
2. Now go to "Boot" tab and click on "Advanced options..." button.
3. Enable "Number of processors:" option and select the correct no. of processors from drop-down list.
4. Click on "OK" button and then "Apply" it.
5. It'll require a restart and after reboot you'll notice improvement in system performance.
Please let us know your feedback in your comment. Did this trick work for you?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add Your Favorite Program Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu in Windows
- Vize (XPize for Vista): GUI Enhancer for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
- Is Your PC Ready for Windows 7? Check Yourself Using Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
- How to Customize System Properties (Sysdm.cpl) in Windows XP?
- How to Disable Alphabetical Sorting and Manually Change Order of Start Menu Programs List in Windows 7?
- How to Bring Back “Save Tabs and Quit” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?