Secret Tips to Disable Statistics Collection and Surveys in Opera Web Browser
This tutorial is very important for Opera web browser users. If you are using Opera and want to maximize your privacy, you must follow this tutorial.
Actually Opera collects browser engine statistics and sends it to the developers. Also it regularly shows some surveys related to Opera functionality and performance to users. This article will help you in disabling these surveys and data collection in Opera.
To improve your privacy in Opera, we have already posted a tutorial in past which includes turning off some built-in options present in Opera preferences:
Now we are going to reveal some advanced tips to go further and turn off usage data collection and surveys in Opera web browser.
If you use Opera and want to maximize your privacy, do as following:
1. Launch Opera web browser and open its hidden secret advanced configuration page using opera://flags command in addressbar as mentioned in following tutorial:
2. Now click inside "Search experiments" text box and type stat. It'll show a few options in the result.
3. Look for following option:
- Browser engine statistics
The option would be set to "Default (enabled)". Change value of this option to Disabled using the drop-down box.
4. Now again click inside "Search experiments" text box and type survey. It'll show following option in the result.
- User surveys
This option would also be set to "Default (enabled)". Change value of this option to Disabled using the drop-down box.
5. One more time click inside "Search experiments" text box and type crash. It'll show following option in the result.
- Crash monitoring
Again this option would also be set to "Default (enabled)". Change value of this option to Disabled using the drop-down box.
6. Opera will show you a message "Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Opera" along with a button to relaunch Opera. Click on the "Relaunch Now" button to restart Opera web browser.
That's it. Upon restart, Opera will never collect any statistics and diagnostics data and will never send it to developers. It'll also stop monitoring crashed and showing regular surveys.
In future, if you want to re-enable these feature, simply set these options value to "Default (enabled)" again.
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Direct Download Links] Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC for Windows 7
- How to Disable or Restrict New “Backgrounds” Feature in Microsoft Office 2013 Applications?
- How to Force Enable Snap Feature and Run Metro Apps on Low Screen Resolutions in Windows 8?
- How to Restore Default “New Tab” Page in Internet Explorer 8?
- Download New Redesigned Yahoo! Messenger Desktop App for Windows
- [Review] Samsung Galaxy S6 with Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update