We love finding hidden secret service menus and codes for electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, TVs, etc. We have shared service codes for Google Android mobile phones, Samsung Wave Bada OS mobile phones, Chinese mobile phones and Samsung and LG TVs in past and now its turn of DTH set top box.
There are many DTH (Direct To Home) service providers in India such as Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel Digital TV, Reliance Big TV, Sun Direct, Videocon D2H and DD Direct+. Among all these companies, Tata Sky is the most popular DTH service provider in India.
Tata Sky provides normal SD channels along with a few HD channels to its customers. It also provides DVR service which allows you to record and pause the live television programs.
Tats Sky uses Sky brand of British Sky Broadcasting so Sky DTH users and Tata Sky DTH users enjoy almost the same set top boxes provided by the companies.
Now the question comes why are we telling you all these things? It's because today in this article, we are going to share a hidden secret service menu and secret service code for Tata Sky set top box. These codes have been collected from Tata Sky customer care so its absolutely legal to use them.
DISCLAIMER: This information is intended for experienced users. Please do not try any of following methods if you are not familiar with set top boxes. We'll not be responsible for the use or misuse of this information, including loss of data or hardware damage. So use it at your own risk.
The secret service menu present in Tata Sky DTH set top box can be used to setup the LNB, signal type, format the hard disk, master reset and much more.
And the secret service code can be used to reinstall or upgrade set top box firmware or software.
1. Hidden Secret Service Menu in Tata Sky DTH Set Top Box
All Tata Sky set top boxes come with this hidden menu to be used by Tata Sky engineers to fix the set top box in case you face problems while accessing TV channels, etc.
To access this secret menu, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Switch on Tata Sky set top box and press "Organiser" button on your remote.
2. Now select "System Settings" menu given at number 5. You can press "5" button on your remote to direct select it.
3. Now the tricky part comes. Press "0" and "1" buttons and then press "Select" button on your remote.
4. That's it. It'll bring the hidden service menu "Installer Setup" on your screen which shows following options:
- Format Disk
- LNB Setup
- RF Outlets
- Manual Tuning
- Remote TV
- Modem Setup
- Master Reset
Be very careful while accessing these options. You can format the hard disk using the "Format Disk" option. You can select LNB type, frequency and other parameters using "LNB Setup" option. "RF Outlets" option can be used to customize channel number for UHF/VHF output.
"Manual Tuning" option is given to customize signal type, you can use it to access other FTA (Free To Air) channels on your Tata Sky set top box or to use your box with another DTH service provider but it'll require expertise and knowledge of dish antennas, etc.
You can restore your Tata Sky set top box to factory default settings using "Master Reset" option. Keep in mind it'll remove your favorites channels and saved preferences. But it'll not delete your recorded TV programs.
"Master Reset" option can be used if you are having problems with your set top box such as not receiving enough signals, poor picture or sound quality, etc.
Check out following video to see the secret service menu live in action:
NOTE: This method will work for all Tata Sky set top boxes whether its normal Tata Sky box or Tata Sky+ box or Tata Sky HD box. This method should also work for Sky set top boxes, not checked.
2. Hidden Secret Service Code for Tata Sky DTH Set Top Box
If you notice that your set top box is not providing picture or sound of a particular channel or you face other kind of annoying problems with your Tata Sky set top box, you can try to reinstall or upgrade your set top box firmware (or software).
Most of the times the firmware is automatically updated by Tata Sky via its satellite but you can manually try to reinstall or update the firmware using following steps:
1. Start your set top box from mains and wait for the "Please Wait Initialising..." message on screen.
2. As soon as you see the message, quickly press "Back" button on your remote and then press 2 4 6 5 buttons on the remote.
3. If you press the buttons on time, you'll be greeted by the "DVB SSU+ LOADER" screen and your Tata Sky set top box will start downloading and installing the latest firmware.
4. Do not try to switch off the set top box during the process, it might damage your box. The software installation might take a few minutes to complete.
You can check following video to see the software installation process live in action:
NOTE: This method will work for all Tata Sky set top boxes whether its normal Tata Sky box or Tata Sky+ box or Tata Sky HD box. This method should also work for Sky set top boxes, not checked. We are sure this method will also work for other DTH service providers set top boxes.
If you are using a DTH service provider to watch TV channels, feel free to try the service menu and service code and share your experience and feedback in your comment...