There are many DTH (Direct-To-Home) television service providers in India such as Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel Digital TV, Reliance Big TV, Videocon D2H, Sun Direct, etc and Tata Sky and Dish TV are the most popular brands among them.
In past we have shared a secret trick to access hidden service menu in Tata Sky Set Top Box which allows you to setup LNB, format hard disk, perform master reset and much more:
And today its turn of Dish TV. Last week my cousin sister got a new Dish TV connection. It was an HD+ connection i.e. the set top box provides a few HD (high-definition) channels and also allows to pause, rewind, record live TV channels.
When the service guys finished installation of dish antenna, she asked me to check the quality of new connection and adjust various built-in settings. When I was looking into menus, I found an interesting menu "Utility" present in STB Info -> Setup section. When I tried to open the menu, it asked for a password.
I tried various password combinations such as 0000, 1234, 12345, 123456, 1111, etc but none of them worked. I was not able to access the Utility menu. I contacted Dish TV customer care and asked them about the password but as usual they had no idea about it. Then I contacted one of my friends who works in Dish TV and he told me the correct password. When I entered the password, I was able to access a hidden secret service menu in Dish TV set top box which was quite similar to Tata Sky service menu.
So today in this article, I'm going to tell you the correct password of Utility menu present in Dish TV set top box settings which will help you in accessing a secret service menu. If you are a Dish TV user, you'll definitely love it.
1. First let me tell you where is this Utility menu present. Open Dish TV settings and go to Help tab. Now open STB Info option as shown in following image:
2. It'll open a new page where some information is shown related to Dish TV STB. Now press Red button on your remote to enter into STB Setup screen.
3. It'll open "Installation Main Menu" screen where you'll find various menus such as Home frequency, LNB Setup, Forced software upgrade, Restore factory settings, etc. Among these options, you'll find Utility option present at 7th position.
4. Now try to open it and it'll ask for password. The correct password of Utility menu is 86427531. Enter the password and now you'll be able to open Utility menu.
Utility menu contains following 2 options:
- Format Hard disk
I assume the "Download" option will download and install latest firmware of Dish TV set top box but I'm not sure. "Format Hard disk" option will format the USB device attached to set top box which is used to record TV programs. Please keep in mind that both these options don't ask for confirmation. If you select any option, it'll immediately start performing its action. So think twice before selecting any option.
Following video will show you the whole process live in action:
That's it. If you are a Dish TV DTH subscriber, feel free to test the password and service menu and share your feedback in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Revealing 3 Hidden Secret Modes in Google Android Mobile Phones
- How to Reset Master Password in Mozilla Firefox?
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Tata Sky DTH Set Top Box
- Download “Firefox Sync” From Mozilla Labs to Automatically Synchronize Bookmarks, Passwords, Preferences, History and Tabs
- Hidden Secret Codes for Samsung Wave “Bada OS” Mobile Phones
- List of Hidden Secret Service Codes for Chinese Mobile Phones