PIN / Password of Signal Setup in Tech Settings of DEN Set Top Box
DEN (Digital Entertainment Network) is one of the most popular and largest cable networks and MSO (Multiple System Operator) present in India. It has become more popular since when Indian government made the cable digitization compulsory.
DEN provides both SD (Standard Definition) as well as HD (High Definition) Set Top Boxes and most of the customers are using normal SD STB which provides almost all available TV channels in India. The picture quality (PQ) of DEN STB is almost similar as the picture quality we get in DTH companies such as Tata Sky, Dish TV, etc.
Yesterday I got my hands on DEN STB at my relative's house and while checking its user interface, settings and EPG, I found an interesting option called "Tech Settings" under "System Settings". When I tried to open it, it asked for a PIN or password to access Signal Setup screen. I immediately got the idea that its a hidden secret service menu of DEN STB which is used by technicians and engineers to check signal status and to modify home transponder entry points, etc.
The PIN code was 4 characters long and I tried various password combinations such as 0000, 1234, 1111 - 9999 and so on. After that I started using random character combinations such as 1313, 5656, etc and finally I was able to find out the correct PIN code.
So today in this topic, I'm going to share the PIN or Password of DEN Set Top Box which can be used to access the secret service menu to change home TP entry points, to check signal status and to restore set top box to factory settings.
DISCLAIMER: This information is intended for experienced users. Please do not try any of following methods if you are not familiar with set top boxes. We'll not be responsible for the use or misuse of this information, including loss of data or hardware damage. So use it at your own risk.
To access this secret service menu, do as following:
1. First of all open Settings screen by pressing Menu or Settings or Setup button present on your DEN STB remote.
2. Now select System Settings option.
3. Now select Tech Settings option and it'll ask for the PIN code to enter into Signal Setup area.
4. Type 6969 and it'll accept the password in all DEN STB.
Now on next screen, you'll be able to change the home transponder entry point. There are several different entry points are given to select. I didn't try other available entry points but it might be possible that those settings are used by other cable networks such as Siti cable, Hathway, In cable, etc.
If you see carefully, there is also an option is given on the same screen to reset set top box to default settings which might become very useful if you want to remove all customized settings and favorites. You just need to press Red button on your remote to start reset operation.
When you press OK button, the next screen shows the signal strength and quality status.
I have tried the same PIN code 6969 in many other DEN STB and it worked in all of them so its a universal password.
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Dish TV DTH Set Top Box
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Tata Sky and Airtel Digital TV DTH Set Top Box
- Hidden Secret Codes for Samsung Galaxy Mobile Phones
- iPhone Tips-n-Tricks and Hidden Secret Service Codes
- Hidden Secret Codes for Google Android Mobile Phones
- Hidden Secret Service Menu Codes for Sony, Samsung, LG and Philips TV
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] How to Copy Text from a Dialog Box Quickly in Windows?
- How to Get XP Style Classic “Network Connections” Back in Control Panel in Windows Vista and Later?
- Download Windows XP Luna, Royale Blue and Zune Themes for Windows 7
- [Tips] 10 Cool Features of Samsung Galaxy Smartphones to Show Off
- Download Windows 8 Transformation Pack for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Type and Use New Symbol of Indian Currency “Rupee” in Programs?